Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Name scan
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP Name scan Post 4065 by Neo on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 09:58:29 PM
Old 07-17-2001
Lightbulb dnswalk

There is a DNS scanning utility that is often used by hackers or security folks that do a dnswalk or similar scan. Try this and let us know if it works for you!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dnswalk/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please let me know Regarding Port Scan

Can any one please let me know below ones 1) How to Perform the Port Scan in Solaris Environment and how to block the unwanted Ports. 2) How to know whether particular Port is listning the requests or not? Thanks Ramkumar.B (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myramkumar
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scan and capture

Hi, I am new to unix. I have a file with records like the below ads-sap-4.txt: </a></b></span><span class="linkbutton yellow_but"><a id="2005754_more" style="cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akondeti
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan direcotries

Hi I am new to this forum, and glad to be a part of it here after. I have an intersting issue for which I need suggestions of you great minds. I am in process a building a shell script which should scan a directory for a specified amount of time and prepare a list of all the files that were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagrcm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scan and move

i have a script to look for a file, but it moves a file that's being used. i want to use: if file exists > 0, and not being updated/used in the last 2 minutes, move to /tmp i can do this much: if then mv filename.txt /tmp else exit fi or how can i check if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan directory

The script should _scan a specific directory _If a file name is like one provided, then run the command to send the file via CFT The name should be picked from a list. The current list is : ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fireit
11 Replies

6. AIX

Scan Rates

Dear Gurus, Can any one advice about the normal limits for the Page scanning rates on the AIX platforms, i am having enormous values for the scan rate along the hour it may reache 3000 pages/sec. Regards, Negm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scan compressed

Hello all I want to help I have some compressed files on the system When you want to unzip these files Delete any file which symlink "ln -s" {{ I need script is necessary Script contain: Any operation to decompress the system is doing to delete any symlink... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

9. AIX

Scan Rate

Hello, How can i tell ifthe ratio between fr and sr is ok? is fr/sr ratio of 0.9 acceptable? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best way to scan?

i want to scan all open and closed ports on a server. how can i do this. i intend on using nmap, but if there are better ways to do it, please let me know. i understand there are a total of 6335 allowable ports on a server. so out of that 6335, i want to know which is open or closed. id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
NBTSCAN(1)						      General Commands Manual							NBTSCAN(1)

NAME
nbtscan -- program for scanning networks for NetBIOS name information SYNOPSIS
nbtscan [-v] [-d] [-e] [-l] [-t timeout] [-b bandwidth] [-r] [-q] [-s separator] [-h] [-m retransmits] [-f filename | scan_range] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nbtscan command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nbtscan is a program for scanning IP networks for NetBIOS name information. It sends NetBIOS status query to each address in supplied range and lists received information in human readable form. For each responded host it lists IP address, NetBIOS computer name, logged-in user name and MAC address (such as Ethernet). OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -v Verbose output. Print all names received from each host. -d Dump packets. Print whole packet contents. Cannot be used with -v, -s or -h options. -e Format output in /etc/hosts format. -l Format output in lmhosts format. Cannot be used with -v, -s or -h options. -t timeout Wait timeout seconds for response. Default 1. -b bandwidth Output throttling. Slow down output so that it uses no more that bandwidth bps. Useful on slow links, so that ougoing queries don't get dropped. -r Use local port 137 for scans. Win95 boxes respond to this only. You need to be root to use this option. -q Suppress banners and error messages. -s separator Script-friendly output. Don't print column and record headers, separate fields with separator. -h Print human-readble names for services. Can only be used with -v option. -m retransmits Number of retransmits. Default 0. -f filename Take IP addresses to scan from file "filename" scan_range What to scan. Can either be single IP like 192.168.1.1 or range of addresses in one of two forms: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx. BUGS
Report bugs to alla@sovlink.ru (that's autor of nbtscan). I cannot promise to do anything but I might well want fix it. Remember: no war- ranty. At least it's worth what you payed for it. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryszard Lach rla@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and is based on nbtscan author's README file. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Docu- mentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. NBTSCAN(1)