Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: env file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers env file Post 4064 by yellowfish on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 08:43:11 PM
Old 07-17-2001

try to read man page of env and environ; this may answer your
question.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Opening in C++ in Unix Env

Pls someone help me. This piece of code is giving me weird results. ofstream outfile; ofstream out; char filename1; char filename2; memset(filename1,'\0',sizeof(filename1)); memset(filename2,'\0',sizeof(filename2)); strcpy(filename1,"Testing1.out");... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set env in login file

Hi, I have inserted the following line in my local.login file setenv ORACLE_HOME /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 Then when I do an echo $ echo $ORACLE_HOME I get a blank line. Am I setting up ORACLE_HOME incorrectly? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to edit env file

A coworker of mine wants to add some environment variables to env file. Please advise how to do it. He couldn't use: more or vi on the file. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get file from window env

Hi, I can use rcp to copy a file from unix to window. How can I get a file from window env in unix. Ivan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egckhad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting variabels from env file

I am running a unix script and calling an env script with in that. but the variables i am exporting in env are not being used by the present script. can any body let me know why? The env file is in the same directory and when i run in devug mode its able to show all the variable values also. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify env file called

Hi, please help me.. in how to find out which env file is being called upon when an os user logs. when i su - oracle , i would like to know which env is called, because i see many env files under the home dir.. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add env variable in a file

Hi, I have a small requirement set -x `grep IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt | cut -d'=' -f2` if ; then sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#d' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt echo "IMPACT_HOME=" >> /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact#g' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Env file path

Hi, when I run "env" there are few variable prinitng related to application $env SRV=test NVV=test2 from where this file is invoking, I checked in ./bash_profile and ./profile didn't find the variable. So what is the file I need to edit this variable. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
8 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD