Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GTK+ hates me
Operating Systems Linux GTK+ hates me Post 40627 by cbkihong on Friday 19th of September 2003 11:32:43 AM
Old 09-19-2003
No. GTK+ and KDE (strictly speaking kdelibs) are two different GUI toolkits. You may install either one of them, or both if you like. KDE apps don't use GTK+. Gnome does.

If you mean the PATH environment variable, yes. You may change that on the command line. However, you rarely have to change its content. If some programs complain it doesn't find some other program on PATH, very likely that program is not installed at all.

I don't use Mandrake so I don't know which package has the gtk-config executable. Possibly you have to get some ways to find out. I think you miss some development packages (possibly the RPM package name ends with "-dev") for GTK, which are possibly not installed by default.

From the log you quoted it seems like the program you are compiling uses GTK 1.2 (or perhaps compile with both 1.x and 2.x). You have to dive for the installation README or docs to find out for sure. If it requires certain libs and headers, install them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i get the strangest feeling that lilo hates me.

i need to get rid of lilo's splash screen. i've heard that you can edit your /etc/lilo.conf and add this line: <b>append="splash=0"</b> anyway, i did that and i still have a splash screen. any idea why that didn't work, or what is another way to disable the splash screen? okay, -nydel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start my gtk+

hi, i am a total dummy of unix. i am not used to the unix convention and practice. currently i am trying to install and use the solaris GUI based ftp program called gtk+ (gtk+-1.2.10-sol8-sparc-local.gz). i downloaded it and installed it successfully on my Sun Solaris sparc version 8. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache hates me

Hi as you can tell from the number under my name im pretty new here, but i do have a question. This apache server is agrivating me. First off i am running SuSe 8 upgraded from 7.3 and I downloaded installed apache 2.0.43, PHP 4.2.3 and MySQL 3.23.53a-1.i386 installed it all. I did make sure to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

GTK+ project

Hai, I am santhosh,I am fresher to this Forum,I want details about GTK+ Project(All Widgets--- I mean how they are programming in callback.c file). if it possible please send information regarding this Glade tool.I want to interface glade with Modbus protocol, Thankyou with best regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh.linux
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tru64 "find" command hates me.

I want to search for all the .c .h and .pc files with find and it doesn't seem to agree with me. I tried: find . -name "*.|pc" find . -name "*.(|pc")" find . -name "*." -name "*.pc" nothing works. If I just want all .c and .h files the character group works great. I.E. find . -name "*."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

6. Programming

GUI without GTK - Is it possible?

Is GUI programming without GTK possible? If so, how? Or what libraries should I #include? Google seems to tell me that GUI programming in C++ is much more popular then in C. I'm assuming because of the Object Orientedness (if that is even a word)? Before you say things like "Search the forums",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
5 Replies

7. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gtk-WARNING **:

Hi all, I want to run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit linux machine. Installing the program was no issue but when I try to run it I get Warnings that look like this: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk" Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

9. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies
libgailutil.3(3)                                         Introduction to Library Functions                                        libgailutil.3(3)

NAME
libgailutil - GTK+ Accessibility Implementation Library Utilities DESCRIPTION
The libgailutil library provides useful accessibility functions that are common to many GTK+ components. These functions are used when implementing accessibility support for a customized GTK+ based component. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgailutil.so GTK+ Accessibility shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libatk-1.0(3), libgtk-x11-2.0(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libgailutil.3(3)