Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: speacker device +C COMPILER
Operating Systems SCO speacker device +C COMPILER Post 40581 by nEuRoMaNcEr on Thursday 18th of September 2003 10:49:02 AM
Old 09-18-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by norsk hedensk
try /dev/dsp
if your sound drive is compiled correctly you could cat a .au or file directly to /dev/dsp and it should play through your sound card.
eg: cat soundife.au > /dev/dsp

for a compiler see gnu.org .
gcc is a widley used compiler by novices to professionals alike.
i dont mean the sound card.. i mean the speacker inside the box...
that beep.beep boring thing!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
lofi(7D)							      Devices								  lofi(7D)

NAME
lofi - Loopback file driver DESCRIPTION
The lofi file driver exports a file as a block device. Reads and writes to the block device are translated to reads and writes on the underlying file. This is useful when the file contains a file system image. Exporting it as a block device through the lofi file driver allows normal system utilities to operate on the image through the block device (like fstyp(1M)fsck(1M), and mount(1M). This is useful for accessing CD-ROM and FAT floppy images. See lofiadm(1M) for examples. File block device entries are contained in /dev/lofi, while /dev/rlofi contains the character (or raw) device entries. Entries are in the form of decimal numbers which are assigned through lofiadm(1M). When created, these device entries are owned by root, in group sys, and have permissions 0600. While ownership, group, and permission settings can be altered, there are possible ramifications. See lofiadm(1M) for more information. FILES
/dev/lofictl Master control device /dev/lofi/n Block device for file n /dev/rlofi/n Character device for file n /kernel/drv/lofi 32-bit driver /kernel/drv/lofi.conf Driver configuration file. (Should not be altered.) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/lofi 64-bit driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr, SUNWcarx.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), newfs(1M), attributes(5), lofs(7FS) NOTES
Just as you would not directly access a disk device that has mounted file systems, you should not access a file associated with a block device except through the lofi file driver. For compatability purposes, a raw device is also exported along with the block device. For example, newfs(1M) requires one. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 1999 lofi(7D)