Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Hyper-thread support?
Operating Systems Linux Linux Hyper-thread support? Post 40526 by SolidSnake on Wednesday 17th of September 2003 11:57:11 AM
Old 09-17-2003

Firsty, let me say that the front side bus in 800MHz doesn't have to do so much with the currently os you are using but with hardware features(memory bandwidth, type and speed) of your PC. However, if you encounter any problems with the RedHat I would be interesting to know more. Since, im planning to install the 9.0 version in a newly bought system on which I have already windows 2000 and XP. THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING!!!Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMP support in Linux 7.3

What is the SMP support like when you are running Linux 7.3 on a system with 2-4 CPUs? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryRabbi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

3. Linux

Ntfs5 Support For Linux

Hello, the other day i was trying to mount my WindowsXP partition in Linux and it said that the fs type was not supported. I know that WindowsXP does not use ntfs but uses ntfs5. If any of you guys know where i can find a file that will allow me to mount my ntfs5 please tell me. by the was i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
1 Replies

4. Linux

Any Filesystems in Linux Support Versioning?

A question that has come up repeatedly where I work from our former VMS guys is... "will any Linux filesystem ever support versioning like RMS did"? When they talk about versioning they really are talking about something that *I think* would involve having apps that support versioning. For... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

5. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios configuration support on Linux

Hi All, I have been trying to find a documentation for implementing a check of an Oracle query on Nagios environment. The requirement is very simple. This is the Oracle query select count(*) from IM_BC_JOB; If count_number >= 10 then RED alert if count_number < 10 then GREEN alert ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
assert_wait_mesg(9r)													      assert_wait_mesg(9r)

NAME
assert_wait_mesg - General: Asserts that the current kernel thread is about to block (sleep) SYNOPSIS
void assert_wait_mesg( vm_offset_t event, boolean_t interruptible, char *message ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the event associated with the current kernel thread. Specifies a Boolean value that indicates how the kernel thread is awakened. You can pass one of the following values: The current kernel thread is interruptible. This value means that a signal can awaken the current kernel thread. The current kernel thread is not interruptible. This value means that only the specified event can awaken the current ker- nel thread. Specifies a mnemonic for the type of wait. The ps command uses this mnemonic to print out more meaningful messages about a process. DESCRIPTION
The assert_wait_mesgroutine asserts that the current kernel thread is about to block (sleep) until the specified event occurs. This routine sets a thread wait bit in the pointer to the thread structure associated with the current kernel thread. This bit signifies that this ker- nel thread is on the appropriate wait hash queue, waiting for a wakeup call. To actually block (put to sleep) the current kernel thread, call thread_block. To issue a wakeup call on the specified event, call the thread_wakeup_prim or clear_wait routine. CAUTIONS
You must not call assert_wait_mesg from a device driver's interrupt handler. The reason for this is that at interrupt context there is no process to be put to sleep. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Data Structures: thread(9s) Routines: clear_wait(9r), current_thread(9r), thread_block(9r) Reference Pages Section 1: ps assert_wait_mesg(9r)