Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Hyper-thread support?
Operating Systems Linux Linux Hyper-thread support? Post 40503 by Synbios on Wednesday 17th of September 2003 12:50:43 AM
Old 09-17-2003
I would assume that any OS that supports dual processors would also support HT.

And about the FSB, almost anything supports that. Thats like saying is Windows 95 compatible with a 3.0Ghz CPU?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMP support in Linux 7.3

What is the SMP support like when you are running Linux 7.3 on a system with 2-4 CPUs? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryRabbi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

3. Linux

Ntfs5 Support For Linux

Hello, the other day i was trying to mount my WindowsXP partition in Linux and it said that the fs type was not supported. I know that WindowsXP does not use ntfs but uses ntfs5. If any of you guys know where i can find a file that will allow me to mount my ntfs5 please tell me. by the was i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
1 Replies

4. Linux

Any Filesystems in Linux Support Versioning?

A question that has come up repeatedly where I work from our former VMS guys is... "will any Linux filesystem ever support versioning like RMS did"? When they talk about versioning they really are talking about something that *I think* would involve having apps that support versioning. For... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

5. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios configuration support on Linux

Hi All, I have been trying to find a documentation for implementing a check of an Oracle query on Nagios environment. The requirement is very simple. This is the Oracle query select count(*) from IM_BC_JOB; If count_number >= 10 then RED alert if count_number < 10 then GREEN alert ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
TASKSET(1)							   User Commands							TASKSET(1)

NAME
taskset - set or retrieve a process's CPU affinity SYNOPSIS
taskset [options] mask command [argument...] taskset [options] -p [mask] pid DESCRIPTION
taskset is used to set or retrieve the CPU affinity of a running process given its pid, or to launch a new command with a given CPU affin- ity. CPU affinity is a scheduler property that "bonds" a process to a given set of CPUs on the system. The Linux scheduler will honor the given CPU affinity and the process will not run on any other CPUs. Note that the Linux scheduler also supports natural CPU affinity: the scheduler attempts to keep processes on the same CPU as long as practical for performance reasons. Therefore, forcing a specific CPU affinity is useful only in certain applications. The CPU affinity is represented as a bitmask, with the lowest order bit corresponding to the first logical CPU and the highest order bit corresponding to the last logical CPU. Not all CPUs may exist on a given system but a mask may specify more CPUs than are present. A retrieved mask will reflect only the bits that correspond to CPUs physically on the system. If an invalid mask is given (i.e., one that corresponds to no valid CPUs on the current system) an error is returned. The masks may be specified in hexadecimal (with or without a leading "0x"), or as a CPU list with the --cpu-list option. For example, 0x00000001 is processor #0, 0x00000003 is processors #0 and #1, 0xFFFFFFFF is processors #0 through #31, 32 is processors #1, #4, and #5, --cpu-list 0-2,6 is processors #0, #1, #2, and #6. When taskset returns, it is guaranteed that the given program has been scheduled to a legal CPU. OPTIONS
-a, --all-tasks Set or retrieve the CPU affinity of all the tasks (threads) for a given PID. -c, --cpu-list Interpret mask as numerical list of processors instead of a bitmask. Numbers are separated by commas and may include ranges. For example: 0,5,8-11. -p, --pid Operate on an existing PID and do not launch a new task. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. USAGE
The default behavior is to run a new command with a given affinity mask: taskset mask command [arguments] You can also retrieve the CPU affinity of an existing task: taskset -p pid Or set it: taskset -p mask pid PERMISSIONS
A user can change the CPU affinity of a process belonging to the same user. A user must possess CAP_SYS_NICE to change the CPU affinity of a process belonging to another user. A user can retrieve the affinity mask of any process. SEE ALSO
chrt(1), nice(1), renice(1), sched_getaffinity(2), sched_setaffinity(2) See sched(7) for a description of the Linux scheduling scheme. AUTHOR
Written by Robert M. Love. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Robert M. Love. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AVAILABILITY
The taskset command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2014 TASKSET(1)