Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem with diff and tcl scripts freaking out unix Post 40492 by RTM on Tuesday 16th of September 2003 05:06:22 PM
Old 09-16-2003
You might want to look at disk space and where your tmp files are being stored. You can always change /tmp to point to /var/tmp if that file system is larger and has more space.

Did the error message state which "device full"?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I execute TCL scripts in HP-UX

Hi All, Since I want to execute TCL scripts in HP-UX, I cannot find where to start. I try to execute the following scripts. It gets "tclsh: not found." errors. Where / how to execute tcl scripts? Thanks a lots. #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using wish \ exec tclsh "$0" "$@" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with tk_optionmenu in tcl/tk

hi how can i see all and select one option from tk_optionMenu in tcl/tk using keyboard only. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbgarh
0 Replies

3. Programming

Tcl - SOAP Problem

Hi, Im working with client side Tcl implementation on unix box of web services, to login to a tool with web service method written in C# on windows box and it is accessed by its link from the browser on unix box. Sorry that i have hidden the original names for security reasons. Using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using diff

Hi, When i use diff command, i get the output like this 2c2 < Table Name: AAA Row Count:96 SUM(F1): 3739 MAX(F1):77 MIN(F1): 0 AVG(F1): 38.9479167 LENGTH(LINE): 2260 --- > Table Name: AAA Row Count:96 SUM(F1): 4009 MAX(F1):77 MIN(F1): 0 AVG(F1): 40.9479167 LENGTH(LINE): 2260 4a5,10 >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcl problem

I'm trying to write a script that will do the following: Open a text file for reading/writing. Read each line. When I find a specfic value in a line, append something to the end of that line. I loop through and read all the lines in myfile.txt looking for dev123_data_log and find a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem using diff command in unix

Hi, I am trying to do a diff between two files using "diff" command.I dont need my output to be printed using extra symbols ">" and "<" as we usually see for the diff command. Even to excude these characters in each line of the output, my diff output has inturn many symbols ">" and "<". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pharitha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing in a socket trough TCL problem.

Hello everyone: I have a script that writes and read DATA in/from a socket, but i have a great problem while writing. My socket is created in this way: set connection fconfigure $connection -encoding binary -translation binary -blocking 1 And the writer procedure is this one: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem capturing output in TCL script

I have a TCL script that logs into a switch using expect.I send a command "show port-security address" and it returns a table having a large number of rows.I need to capture this output(the table) and store it in a .txt file. I have done this: match_max 5000 set expect_out(buffer) {} set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plasmalightwave
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with TCL package

Following error encountered while executing characterizationEngine.tcl :confused::confused: $ ./characterizationEngine.tcl Tcl Client is running Ixia Software version: 5.60 Can't find tclx.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies
xfs_estimate(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_estimate(8)

NAME
xfs_estimate - estimate the space that an XFS filesystem will take SYNOPSIS
xfs_estimate [ -h? ] [ -b blocksize ] [ -i logsize ] [ -e logsize ] [ -v ] directory ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, xfs_estimate estimates the space that directory would take if it were copied to an XFS filesystem. xfs_esti- mate does not cross mount points. The following definitions are used: KB = *1024 MB = *1024*1024 GB = *1024*1024*1024 The xfs_estimate options are: -b blocksize Use blocksize instead of the default blocksize of 4096 bytes. The modifier k can be used after the number to indicate multiplica- tion by 1024. For example, xfs_estimate -b 64k / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using a blocksize of 64K (65536) bytes. -v Display more information, formatted. -h Display usage message. -? Display usage message. -i, -e logsize Use logsize instead of the default log size of 1000 blocks. -i refers to an internal log, while -e refers to an external log. The modifiers k or m can be used after the number to indicate multiplication by 1024 or 1048576, respectively. For example, xfs_estimate -i 1m / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using an internal log of 1 megabyte. EXAMPLES
% xfs_estimate -e 10m /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 4.2 megabytes with the external log using 2560 blocks or about 10.0 megabytes % xfs_estimate -v -e 10m /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 792 4.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate -v /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 3352 14.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 14.0 megabytes xfs_estimate(8)