Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ibm Risc/6000 Os
Operating Systems AIX Ibm Risc/6000 Os Post 40456 by penguins on Monday 15th of September 2003 10:49:03 PM
Old 09-15-2003
Ibm Risc/6000 Os

Smilie Unix Sirs,

SmilieRE: IBM RISC/6000 1990
Used on Application:
Image buffer: 3D "Catia" (3D "Autocad" sim.) engineering C.A.D. Written by Deso. Cash prior to main frame dumpSmilie

SmilieCan I purchase the oem operating system from you unix people? Smilie
Smilie Do you have the original operating system, and operating system configuration files? Your's was on HDSmilie

SmiliepenguinsSmilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PCI Ethernet Cards for IBM RISC 6000 - B50's

I am trying to find PCI Ethernet cards that are compatible with the IBM RISC 6000 - B50 Power PC. None of the regular NIC's seem to have AIX drivers. Does anyone know of AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's or a non IBM NIC that works with the Model B50 at 10/100 MB ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

2. AIX

PCI Ethernet NIC's for IBM RISC 600 Model B50

I am trying to locate a non IBM PCI Ethernet card that will work with the Model B50 RISC box. Alternatively, I need to find AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's ?. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

3. AIX

Hard time with an IBM RS/6000 J40 + AIX 5.2L

Hello all! I'm having a hard time with an IBM RS/6000 J40 machine. I'm trying to install AIX 5.2L on it but, up to now, I can't make it boot from the CDROM. I can go to the configuration menu, but, I don't know hot to point to my SCSI CDROM in order to boot from it. Do any of you have an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MCM
2 Replies

4. Programming

IBM Risc migration

Hi all, I have been dealing with the following problem one week now without any progress. I've a source code written in C which is using X libraries in order to create a graphical interface to visualise results produced by another code written in Fortran. The README file of the C code says... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavlos
2 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

7. AIX

Issue with RS/6000 H50 from IBM

G'day all I have purchased 2 big IBM H50 RS/6000 enterprise servers. I am led to believe they are running AIX 4.3.3. Now problem is getting into remote console and turning off remote console and enabling my graphics card which i have installed. Now i was told to remove it, and try again. But i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
17 Replies

8. AIX

IBM rs/6000 7026-c2

I have just purchased an old IBM RS/6000 7026-C2 with the intention of installing AIX 5.2 to do some testing. I have no AIX or RS/6000 experience, but I have managed to access the console/service menu through a hyper terminal console via the com port. I get the service processor menu and I can't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX5.2
12 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputs required in decoding file on AIX- executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not stripped

Hi, We are in the process of migrating from AIX to Linux. There is a script of type "executable (RISC System/6000) or object module not stripped" on AIX and we are unable to read the contents of it. Is there a way to read the contents of the file on AIX, so that we can rewrite the code in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
3 Replies
MOUNT_FILECORE(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 MOUNT_FILECORE(8)

NAME
mount_filecore -- mount a FILECORE file system SYNOPSIS
mount_filecore [-afnR] [-g gid] [-o options] [-u uid] special node ORIGIN
The NetBSD FILECORE filesystem is a read only implementation of the filecore file system found in Acorn Computers RISC OS operating system. This operating system is the ROM based operating system found on their ARM 6, ARM7 and StrongARM 110 based RiscPC machines that are supported by the arm32 port. Under RISC OS, filecore will have multiple instantiations for file systems on different block devices such as floppies, IDE discs, SCSI discs etc. and these frequently are considered to be different filesystems e.g. ADFS, IDEFS, SCSIFS etc. DESCRIPTION
The mount_filecore command attaches the FILECORE filesystem residing on the device special to the global filesystem namespace at the location indicated by node. Both special and node are converted to absolute paths before use. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time, but can be used by any user to mount a FILECORE file system on any directory that they own (provided, of course, that they have appro- priate access to the device that contains the file system). The options are as follows: -a Give all files world access. -f Append the filetype to each filename. This option currently has no effect. -g gid Set the group of the files in the file system to gid. The default group is the group of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. -n Give all files owner access. -o options Use the specified mount options, as described in mount(8). -R Give all files owner read access. -u uid Set the owner of the files in the file system to uid. The default owner is the owner of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) HISTORY
The mount_filecore utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.4. CAVEATS
The 'filecore' filesystem currently supports the Acorn filecore file system found on Acorn Computers RiscPC desktop machines with versions of RISC OS up to 3.70. BSD
June 25, 2004 BSD