Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet question Post 4045 by ober5861 on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 02:54:06 PM
Old 07-17-2001
telnet question

Does anyone know a way to log into a telnet server with username and password all with one command? I have to do this remotely. I can do this with FTP with the following command under windows:

ftp -s:c:\dir\test2.txt 10.0.0.207

The "-s:filename" option is just a list of commands that occurs once the ftp server is contacted. I was wondering if there was a way to do this with telnet also. Basically, I need to automate a task from Windows to HP-UX with as much simplicity as possible and I can't do everything that I need from the FTP prompt. Any help appreciated. I have a shell script written to take care of the work once I get into the telnet server, I just need to get there first. (This is so I don't have to teach people Unix to do a simple task)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet timout question

ok here is a little bit on what I am trying to do. I am logged into a saolaris 9 server and telnet to another server to run an application that sits on the second unix / linux server. This application can sit idle for an hour to two and any given time. During this time the telnet session timesout... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
4 Replies

2. Solaris

TELNET Question

Hello All, I have a question. I have two V480 systems that can telnet to other systems on our network, but lo cannot receive a telnet from other systems. I've check the usual .rhosts, env and several other files such as the telnetrc files with no luck. I've tried all avenues before issuing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr-synapse
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

question about telnet to HP unix 11

When using telnet connect to HP unix 10, it will get a pty/ttyxx terminal, but using telnet connect to HP unix 11, it will get a pts/tx terminal. I want to ask is, can I using telnet connect to HP unix 11 and get a pty/ttyxx terminal ?? :confused: thx a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet question

How do I get back to Unix prompt while telneting to a router w/out exit from the telnet session? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oppiz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Question about telnet?

Hi everyone. I am newb at solaris i have 2 question 1. i am finding a way to prevent separate users to telnet similar like /etc/ftpd/ftpusers in Solaris system I know a way to disable user ftp by force user shell=/bin/false 2. or any program can do a chroot telnet user like proftpd :D ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Expect script question

Hi all, I have written a small expect script which should spawn a telnet session login and execute some commands. #!/usr/bin/expect -f spawn telnet $env(IP) match_max 100000 expect "login:" send -- "******\n" expect -exact "Password:" send -- "****\n" expect "%" Now I have got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies
cconsole(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      cconsole(1M)

NAME
cconsole , crlogin, cssh, ctelnet - multi window, multi machine, remote console, login, ssh, and telnet commands SYNOPSIS
$CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cconsole [-s] [ -l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/crlogin [-l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cssh [-l username] [-p ssh-port] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/ctelnet [clustername... | nodename...] DESCRIPTION
These utilities initiate a multiple window connection to a set of specified hosts. There are three variations: one that is specifically intended for remote console access while the others provide remote logins using rlogin, ssh, or telnet. Each utility starts a host window for each of the specified hosts, as well as a common window. Input directed into the common window is sent to each of these host windows. This tool is useful for system administration tasks that require similar things to be done on each of several hosts. For tasks that are identical on all hosts, typing in the common window sends the characters to all of the hosts. However, the host windows are normal terminal windows so they can also be used one at a time (by moving the mouse into one of them and typing directly into it) to perform host specific tasks. The common window also allows the user to select which hosts receive the characters typed in the common window, so only the specified hosts will receive input. These utilities use entries in two different databases, /etc/clusters and /etc/serialports. cconsole The cconsole command provides remote console access through the telnet command. All normal telnet escape characters are available to the user. See the telnet(1) man page for a complete listing of telnet escape characters. Because there are a few telnet escapes that are com- monly used, they are provided here as well. The escape character is Control-], specified below as ^]. ^] quit Quit the session. Analogous to ~. in tip and rlogin. ^] send brk Send a break signal to the remote system. This is what is needed to halt the Sun CPU. The normal key board sequence is "L1-A." crlogin The crlogin utility provides remote login through the rlogin command to multiple cluster nodes. cssh The cssh utility establishes Secure Shell connections directly to the cluster nodes through the ssh command. ctelnet The ctelnet utility is similar to cconsole except that the connection is directly over the Internet. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l username Specifies the user name for the ssh connection. This option is passed to the cconsole, crlogin, or cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The ctelnet utility ignores this option. If the -l option is not specified, the user name that launched the CCP is effective. -p ssh-port Specifies the Secure Shell port number to use. This option is passed to the cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The cconsole, crlogin, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option, If the -p option is not specified, the default port number 22 is used for secure connections. -s Specifies using Secure Shell connections to node consoles instead of telnet connections. This option is passed to the cconsole utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The crlogin, cssh, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option. If the -s option is not specified, the cconsole utility uses telnet connections to the consoles. To override the -s option, deselect the Use SSH checkbox in the Options menu of the cconsole graphical user interface (GUI). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of these utilities: CLUSTER_HOME Location of Sun Cluster System tools. Defaults to /opt/SUNWcluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWccon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), ssh(1), telnet(1), tip(1), ccp(1M), chosts(1M), cports(1M), clusters(4), serialports(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The standard set of X Window System command line arguments are accepted. Sun Cluster 3.2 8 Sep 2007 cconsole(1M)