Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware Upgrades..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hardware Upgrades.. Post 4039 by htsubamoto on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 01:03:02 PM
Old 07-17-2001
Humm... I did not have any problems with 2.4.x kernels. I don't think so.

HTT

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RedHat remote upgrades

Is there an easy (and safe) way to upgrade RedHat versions remotely? I know the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 is just a bunch of newer .rpm file versions. Or is there more? Do I have to boot the CD and choose upgrade? What if I'm 100 miles from the server and would like to avoid traveling there?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkiMage
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Linux(Suse) Upgrades

Hello, Anyone out there deal with updating OS on linux servers remotely? We use Suse but like to hear what someone else does with any linux version. We have network connectivity to our remote locations but it's just a DSL connection, so some will be fast and some will be slow. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris 10 and live upgrades

two articles related to live upgrades that i found useful and noteworthy. Solaris 10 5/08 Live Upgrade Gotcha :: Col’s Tech Stuff Solaris Live Upgrade and Patches :: Col’s Tech Stuff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

4. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

5. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need to confirm something regarding TL upgrades

Hi everyone, My current AIX OS level is "7100-01-06-1241" and I am planning to upgrade it to " 7100-02-03 ". Can i directly upgrade it to "7100-02-03" from 7100-01-06" ? or first i need to upgrade the "7100-01-06" LPAR to TL 02 and then reboot and then upgrade it to TL 02 SP03 ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Update on UNIX.COM Site Upgrades (Desktop)

This post is about the "Desktop" view, not "Mobile' ... First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments, error checking and feature suggestions as we modernize the site, step-by-step. Also, thank you for your patience with me when as we make the site better. So far, we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades

Dear All, I have made significant progress coding new discussion thread tagging features. As always, we want all users to tag thread and moderators to tag threads with relevant keywords. Moving forward, in addition to the #1 important "human tagging", we will also auto tag threads with one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
SETKEYCODES(8)							 Keyboard Support						    SETKEYCODES(8)

NAME
setkeycodes - load kernel scancode-to-keycode mapping table entries SYNOPSIS
setkeycodes scancode keycode ... DESCRIPTION
The setkeycodes command reads its arguments two at a time, each pair of arguments consisting of a scancode (given in hexadecimal) and a keycode (given in decimal). For each such pair, it tells the kernel keyboard driver to map the specified scancode to the specified keycode. This command is useful only for people with slightly unusual keyboards, that have a few keys which produce scancodes that the kernel does not recognize. THEORY
The usual PC keyboard produces a series of scancodes for each key press and key release. (Scancodes are shown by showkey -s, see showkey(1).) The kernel parses this stream of scancodes, and converts it to a stream of keycodes (key press/release events). (Keycodes are shown by showkey.) Apart from a few scancodes with special meaning, and apart from the sequence produced by the Pause key, and apart from shiftstate related scancodes, and apart from the key up/down bit, the stream of scancodes consists of unescaped scancodes xx (7 bits) and escaped scancodes e0 xx (8+7 bits). To these scancodes or scancode pairs, a corresponding keycode can be assigned (in the range 1-127). For example, if you have a Macro key that produces e0 6f according to showkey(1), the command setkeycodes e06f 112 will assign the keycode 112 to it, and then loadkeys(1) can be used to define the function of this key. Some older kernels might hardwire a low scancode range to the equivalent keycodes; setkeycodes will fail when you try to remap these. 2.6 KERNELS In 2.6 kernels key codes lie in the range 1-255, instead of 1-127. (It might be best to confine oneself to the range 1-239.) In 2.6 kernels raw mode, or scancode mode, is not very raw at all. The code returned by showkey -s will change after use of setkeycodes. A kernel bug. See also showkey(1). OPTIONS
None. BUGS
The keycodes of X have nothing to do with those of Linux. Unusual keys can be made visible under Linux, but not under X. SEE ALSO
dumpkeys (1), loadkeys (1), showkey (1), getkeycodes (8) Local 8 Nov 1994 SETKEYCODES(8)