Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardware Upgrades..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hardware Upgrades.. Post 4035 by PravusMentis on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 11:37:07 AM
Old 07-17-2001
Hmm I'll be using the Red Hat 7.1 with I believe the 2.4 Kernel? Would I still need to do all of that?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RedHat remote upgrades

Is there an easy (and safe) way to upgrade RedHat versions remotely? I know the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 is just a bunch of newer .rpm file versions. Or is there more? Do I have to boot the CD and choose upgrade? What if I'm 100 miles from the server and would like to avoid traveling there?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkiMage
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Linux(Suse) Upgrades

Hello, Anyone out there deal with updating OS on linux servers remotely? We use Suse but like to hear what someone else does with any linux version. We have network connectivity to our remote locations but it's just a DSL connection, so some will be fast and some will be slow. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris 10 and live upgrades

two articles related to live upgrades that i found useful and noteworthy. Solaris 10 5/08 Live Upgrade Gotcha :: Col’s Tech Stuff Solaris Live Upgrade and Patches :: Col’s Tech Stuff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

4. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

5. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need to confirm something regarding TL upgrades

Hi everyone, My current AIX OS level is "7100-01-06-1241" and I am planning to upgrade it to " 7100-02-03 ". Can i directly upgrade it to "7100-02-03" from 7100-01-06" ? or first i need to upgrade the "7100-01-06" LPAR to TL 02 and then reboot and then upgrade it to TL 02 SP03 ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Update on UNIX.COM Site Upgrades (Desktop)

This post is about the "Desktop" view, not "Mobile' ... First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments, error checking and feature suggestions as we modernize the site, step-by-step. Also, thank you for your patience with me when as we make the site better. So far, we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades

Dear All, I have made significant progress coding new discussion thread tagging features. As always, we want all users to tag thread and moderators to tag threads with relevant keywords. Moving forward, in addition to the #1 important "human tagging", we will also auto tag threads with one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
LILOCONFIG(8)						     liloconfig documentation						     LILOCONFIG(8)

NAME
liloconfig - create new lilo.conf file (with diskid and uuid) SYNOPSIS
liloconfig [-h] [-v] [-f] [lilo.conf] DESCRIPTION
liloconfig is an simple program for creating a new lilo.conf file. After creating the new configuration file you must execute '/sbin/lilo'. liloconfig use the lilo.example.conf file as template. In the final lilo.conf file you find many useful comments for custom changes. OPTIONS
-h Print a brief help. -v Print verbose messages. -f Force overriding existing lilo.conf. EXAMPLES
Lines in the configuration file /etc/lilo.conf: ### LILO global section ### #large-memory lba32 boot = /dev/sda map = /boot/map install = menu menu-scheme = Wb:Yr:Wb:Wb prompt timeout = 100 vga = normal #default = Linux ### LILO per-image section ### #boot = /dev/sda boot = /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_SV1604N_S01FJ10X999999 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5book-686 label = "Linux" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 1 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5book-686 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-686 label = "Linux Old" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 2 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686 COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (C) 2011 Joachim Wiedorn This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License version 2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'. AUTHOR
lilconfig was written by Joachim Wiedorn. This manual page was written by Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian at joonet.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
lilo(8), update-lilo(8), lilo-uuid-diskid(8) 23.1 2011-03-20 LILOCONFIG(8)