Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discussion of homework rule
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Discussion of homework rule Post 40340 by andyj on Friday 12th of September 2003 09:10:03 PM
Old 09-12-2003
not a fish on a plate

" Geez .... the person can't even ask for some help debugging code that they have ALREADY written ? I don't see what's the problem with helping somebody who is obviously making an attempt to do the work. It's not like they asked to be given the code."

.. and, unless it were trivial, neither would we give him the code solution.

'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life'

If KLL discovers the joys of D.Knuths 'Algorithms and Datastructures' becuse of his post, and then goes on to turn the psudocode to real bash scrips ...then my job is done.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vb 3.0 Upgrade Discussion

Please discuss vB 3.0 upgrade or ask questions here. Neo (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion culture

I want to start a small thread about discussion culture. From the past experience in different fora, I have little hope that any will come out of it. But I'll try it anyway, hoping to contributing to an improvement on the topic. I do not want to discuss a specific technical question, but only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
5 Replies
fish(1)                                                                fish                                                                fish(1)

NAME
fish - fish - the friendly interactive shell fish - the friendly interactive shell Synopsis fish [-h] [-v] [-c command] [FILE [ARGUMENTS...]] Description A commandline shell written mainly with interactive use in mind. The full manual is available in html by using the help command from inside fish. o -c or --command=COMMANDS evaluate the specified commands instead of reading from the commandline o -d or --debug-level=DEBUG_LEVEL specify the verbosity level of fish. A higher number means higher verbosity. The default level is 1. o -h or --help display help and exit o -i or --interactive specify that fish is to run in interactive mode o -l or --login specify that fish is to run as a login shell o -n or --no-execute do not execute any commands, only perform syntax checking o -p or --profile=PROFILE_FILE when fish exits, output timing information on all executed commands to the specified file o -v or --version display version and exit The fish exit status is generally the exit status of the last foreground command. If fish is exiting because of a parse error, the exit status is 127. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 fish(1)