Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DF output via SSH
Operating Systems BSD DF output via SSH Post 40314 by Perderabo on Friday 12th of September 2003 11:42:44 AM
Old 09-12-2003
This looks much less strange. But I still don't know how to work your ps. I have access to a FreeBSD system and I was hoping that the user commands, at least, of OpenBSD would be close enough to work. The ps command that I gave you does work for me on FreeBSD. Try these two commands instead of the ps that I gave you:
ps
tty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that Redirect SSH output via cron

Hi, I have a script that's being called via a crontab which is a wrapper script that creates a log for the script that gets executed. Within the script that gets executed, it also run's subscripts. I've been able to get everything to work .. but the issue is one of the subscript that goes out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piped output from SSH tunnel hangs?

Hi All, When starting an SSH tunnel, piped output 'hangs' (on AIX) : ssh -Nf -Llocalhost:22000:server:22 proxy | cat -vet - ... hangs ... Does anybody know how to prevent this? Of course, in my script I don't use the tunnel as I do in the example above. In my script the call to ssh is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whbos
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to format ssh top output

Hello; Am trying to generate runaway proc report using ssh thusly: =================== ssh -t -t $BOX 'TERMINAL="vt100" top -d1 -h -n 10' >> $FILE . . cat $FILE | mail -s "Latest Top `date`" $MAIL_TO ==================== But the output to e-mail comes out rather garbled .. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird tail output over ssh

Hello; Am trying to correct the formatting of tail output over ssh. Using the following code: echo "" > $FILE for BOX in $SERVERS do echo "Processing on $BOX" |tee -a $FILE echo "===============================" >> $FILE sudo ssh $BOX 'TERMINAL="vt100" /usr/bin/sh -s' <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing output of command over ssh

Hey Guys, i have a script that generates logs at our isilon storage. The part of the script is to geneate logs and grep its name: VAR=`ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null root@XXX isi_gather_info | grep -i "Package:" | awk '{ print $2 }'` Now , while this is run, i do not see the status of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulsahdev
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH - remote output locally

The code below works ok, however; I need to output the results to a local variable the_path="/mnt/back/hang" ssh -T -i /home/buddy/.ssh/id_rsa buddy@ginger << EOF find ${the_path} -name "*.jpg" | wc -l > ## output to local variable exit EOF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in SSH output.

Hi All, I am using below command in a shell script. ssh -q RemoteUser@RemoteServer "/export/sctipt/test.ksh" It is executing succesfully but the below is the output getting displayed. tset: standard error: Invalid argument Can you please help me in understanding below. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session?

Hi everyone, after about 2 days of scratching my head on this one, I'm finally ready to punt this and ask for some actual help. Here's the situation. We have 1 server, that runs multiple VM's. To gain access to those VM's we ssh from host01 to the other vm hosts. For example when we first log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh output

Hi, I need to get the output of ssh for multiple servers using for loop which is returning how many users are logged in, one below the other. But i'm getting output in single line for one of the servers. XXXX pts/0 Oct 18 08:45 abcd pts/3 Oct 18 06:46 abcde pts/4 Oct 18 06:46 xyzqw pts/5 Oct 18... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read several variables from command output via SSH

Hi Folks, I'm currently trying to read several values into different variables. Actually, what I'm doing works, but I get an error message. My attempts are: read strCPROC strIPROC strAPROC <<<$(ssh -n -T hscroot@$HMC "lshwres -r proc -m $strIDENT --level sys -F \"configurable_sys_proc_units... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NKaede
11 Replies
SSLH(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  SSLH(1p)

NAME
sslh - Switch incoming connection between SSH and SSL/HTTPS servers SYNOPSIS
sslh [ -v ] [ -p [host:]port ] [ -t timeout ] [ --ssh [host:]port ] [ --ssl [host:]port ] DESCRIPTION
sslh is a simple script that lets you switch an incoming connection on a single port between distinct SSH and SSL/HTTPS servers. sslh listens for connections on a port and is able to redirect them either to an HTTPS web server or a SSH server. This lets one setup both a HTTPS web server and a SSH server and access them through the same host+port. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes. -p, --port [host:]port The port the proxy will listen to. If no port is given, 443 is used by default. If no host is given, "localhost" is used by default. -s, --ssh [host:]port The SSH server which the SSH connections must be forwarded to. If omitted, the default is localhost:22. -l, --ssl, --https [host:]port The HTTPS server which the HTTPS connections must be forwarded to. If omitted, the default is localhost:443. -t, --timeout delay Timeout in seconds before a silent incoming connection is considered as a SSH connection. The number can be fractional. The default is 2seconds. -v, --verbose Verbose output. This option can be used several times for more verbose output. EXAMPLE OF USE
Is this tool actually useful? Yes. For example one can use it to access both a SSH server and a secure web server via a corporate proxy that only accepts to relay connections to port 443. Creating a tunnel that passes SSH connection through a CONNECT-enabled web proxy is easy with connect-tunnel (also included in the "Net::Proxy" distribution). The proxy will let both SSH and HTTPS connections out (since they all point to port 443), and the home server will connect those incoming connections to the appropriate server. This only requires to run the HTTPS server on a non standard port (not 443). TECHNICAL NOTE
How can this proxy find out what kind of protocol is using a TCP connection to port 443, without being connected (yet) to the server? We actually rely on a slight difference between the SSL and SSH protocols (found thanks to ethereal): SSH Once the TCP connection is established, the server speaks first, presenting itself by saying something like: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 Debian 1:3.6.1p2-1 SSL With SSL, it's always the client that speaks first. This means that sslh can be used with any pair of protocols/services that share this property (the client speaks first for one and the server speaks first for the other). AUTHORS
Original idea and C version Frederic Ple "<sslh@wattoo.org>". Perl versions Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat "<book@cpan.org>". SCRIPT HISTORY
Version 0.01 of the script was a quick hack designed in 2003 as a proof of concept. Version 0.02 (and higher) are based on "Net::Proxy", and included with the "Net::Proxy" distribution. Version 0.02 didn't work, though. Version 0.03 correctly initialised the "in" connector. Version 0.04 lets the proxy listen on any address (instead of "localhost", which is still the default). Thanks to Dieter Voegtli for spotting this. SEE ALSO
Net::Proxy, Net::Proxy::Connector::dual. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2006, Philippe Bruhat. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 SSLH(1p)