Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uploading
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers uploading Post 40153 by butterfm on Wednesday 10th of September 2003 08:05:49 AM
Old 09-10-2003
Not sure I understand the question. If you want to transfer a file from your machine to another machine that you have an account on then ftp is the way to go.

ftp remote_machinename
cd remote directory
bin #if the file is a binary
put file
bye

Matt.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl Uploading Files

Using perl 5.8.0, Linux 2.4.20-30.9, RedHat 9.0. We have many .cgi's that allow privileged users to upload files to the server through a web browser. We've had these .cgi's for years and have never had any problems with them. Recently the files being uploaded are sometimes being given 600... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uploading directories via SFTP

Hello All, Is there a way to upload whole directories to a machine using sftp (scp is not an option)? I have to use sftp because the machine that I am connecting to only has SFTP abilities (uploading from a linux box to a windows box). Currently I am automating a copy however right now I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab623
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help uploading directories with SFTP

Hi, I am a newbie and not really familiar with commands, I have searched the forum, but there was only one thread. That thread suggested compressing it and then decompressing it. So I am wondering, what format do I compress it to, and how do I decompress it once I uploaded it from within SFTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greetea
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in uploading file using sftp

Hi I'm using this script to upload a file from local system to sftp server. But in the log file i'm getting an error "Error during upload" Can you please help me out ... ### CONFIGURATION LOCAL_DIR=/abc/out FILE_MASK="File*.txt" LOG_DIR=/abc/error/File_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.LOG... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaychandra
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to block the files uploading via the port

Hi Folks, I am not good in shell scripting. Please help me with my problem. Is it possible to block the file named "ss.cgi" using the port 25 to upload. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl , uploading empty file.

Hi The below script used to work fine. Suddenly it's uploading empty file. I am very new to perl. Please help me to find out the problem. #!/usr/bin/perl #script: upload.pl use CGI qw/:standard/; print header, start_html('File upload'); print_form(); print_results() if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Resticting Only Uploading Of A File

I have setup our SFTP server: SFTP Setup: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp internal-sftp Match Group sftpusers PasswordAuthentication yes ChrootDirectory /srv/sftponly AllowTCPForwarding no X11Forwarding no ForceCommand internal-sftp Adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plowshare Command In Uploading Files

OK i am completely new to this stuff!! let me start from the beginning!!! I Am connected to Whatbox.ca Via SSH!! Then I installed plowshare using their guide perfectly Now They Told Me To refer Plowshare site's Command list for uploading any files to Various... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anime12345
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Uploading files via php

I used the following code, which I found on the internet to upload files. <!-- The data encoding type, enctype, MUST be specified as below --> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upload2.php" method="POST"> <!-- MAX_FILE_SIZE must precede the file input field --> <input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies
netrc(4)							   File Formats 							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc - file for ftp remote login data DESCRIPTION
The .netrc file contains data for logging in to a remote host over the network for file transfers by ftp(1). This file resides in the user's home directory on the machine initiating the file transfer. Its permissions should be set to disallow read access by group and oth- ers (see chmod(1)). The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by SPACE, TAB, or NEWLINE characters: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the EOF is reached or another machine token is encountered. default Same as machine name, except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. The default token is normally used as follows: default login anonymous password user@site Such an entry gives the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note: if this token is present in the .netrc file, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password. If the remote server does not require an additional account password, the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions the same as ftp macdef. A macro is defined with the specified name; its contents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive NEWLINE characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample .netrc File A .netrc file containing the following line: machine ray login demo password mypassword allows an autologin to the machine ray using the login name demo with password mypassword. FILES
~/.netrc SEE ALSO
chmod(1), ftp(1), in.ftpd(1M) SunOS 5.10 3 Jul 1990 netrc(4)