Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux questions
Operating Systems Linux Linux questions Post 40140 by cbkihong on Tuesday 9th of September 2003 11:10:42 PM
Old 09-10-2003
1. I think you have to set a different umask in the shell startup file, e.g. .bashrc

umask 0022

See bash(1) manpage

3. Edit the corresponding entry in /etc/fstab and change from noauto to auto

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a place like this for LINUX questions?

Is there some place like this unix.com for linux questions? a forum like area to ask questions? I love this site, i've learned a lot (use unix - solaris, and linux - redhat). Unfortunately redhat.com has gotten rid of their support forums, everything is in a list type format and I don't want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
6 Replies

3. Linux

some questions about linux system.

Hi,i am a newbie in linux,l have some questions when i study unix system.Could you help me?thx. Q1:an linux file system is broken,it can not be mounted after system boot up .how to recover it? Q2:When the UNIX system shore memory is not enough,how to change the system paramenters? Q3:How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneryee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Linux Questions

Hello :-) I am new to the world of UNIX/LINUX and I have just purchased my first Web Server. I have "root" access to the system and I have a few basic questions, they are: 1. How do you view all user names that have access to the system? 2. How do you add/delete or modify users? Anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randy.moretz
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Questions about Unix/Linux

Hello all. Im a young lad with very limited experience with computers, even though I have been playing with them the past 5 years. I have the experience of the random World of Warcraft player that plays games all day. I have a huge interest in learning everything about computers and I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Lots of questions about linux.

I am about 2 months new to Linux, and have only limited experience with PCLinuxOS, (kde) and Redhat. I am installing the latest version of PClinuxOS on my wife's PC right now but running into a problem I dont understand. I have never seen it before so i thought i'd ask how I can get around it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

7. Linux

Few Questions on about Linux Servers.

1.On x86 Machines ( Pentium4 ), What is the maximum number of Services( sshd, ntpd,named ,samba, etc.) that can be installed.? Is there a rule of thumb to attain the best possible performence.? 2. Is there a systematic way to boot a remote Machine.? 3. Are there any problems of having two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanata
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few questions on unix/linux

Hi , please give few answers for this questions:confused::confused: ...thanks in advance What shell do you use when you log in to a UNIX/Linux host? What command will show you the shell you're using? Describe 5 things you can do in Linux/UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hecker007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux questions

Sorry for the dumb question......I got my B.S. in computer science Amazing how I don't these answers).....I wrote mostly in the language C in my college career. I wrote all my programs using a windows application for writing C.....and then after testing it, I would upload it to a UNIX system and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bruuuuce78
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Internals Interview Questions

Can anyone list the interview questions on Linux Internals? Any link for the same will also be helpful. In a job requirement of say C, linux internals what is expected about linux internals? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)