Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris Post 3998 by cantcatchme on Monday 16th of July 2001 10:26:05 PM
Old 07-16-2001
Solaris

Usually when I have downloaded the various different types of Linux OS's such as Corel, Redhat, and SuSE they come in the form of a iso file for easily creating a CD-Rom.
I recently d/l the Solaris 8 intel version. It was d/l'ed in the .zip format. When I unzipped the file it ended up as sol-8-4_01-install-fcs-bin-ia-ml
As you can see it has no file extension. How do I take this file: sol-8-4_01-install-fcs-bin-ia-ml and turn it into a iso file for CD-Rom disk?

Thanks again to all.

I am asking a lot of questions, but I am learning.
Thanks.
CCM
Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
ISO-READ(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-READ(1)

NAME
iso-read - reads portions of an ISO 9660 image SYNOPSIS
iso-read [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL. -i, --image=FILE Read from ISO-9660 image. This option is mandatory -e, --extract=FILE Extract FILE from ISO-9660 image. This option is mandatory. -k, --ignore Ignore read error(s), i.e. keep going --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) -o, --output-file=FILE Output file. This option is mandatory. -U --udf Contents are in UDF format -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005, 2007-2008, 2011-2013 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/sr0 SEE ALSO
iso-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-read December 2013 ISO-READ(1)