Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mac unix
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) mac unix Post 39952 by ezadea on Friday 5th of September 2003 05:09:02 PM
Old 09-05-2003
mac unix

Can anyone tell me were to download unix software for Mac OS X

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix on Mac

Simple Q here. What GOOD telnet programs are out there for MAC. I use this one that can't utilize the VI editor. I don't know why. Thankx for your help in advance. /D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIEZEL
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

unix flavour on mac

I'm quite interested in resusing an old bondi iMac i have as a unix box, and i was wondering what distro people would recomend. I had thought of using BSD/FreeBSD cos thats what osx is based on. I'm doing this as a teaching excercise (for myself) so i'm looking for something achievable rather than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac unix

hi, i'm running mac 10.5, and i have a file eg. program after i compiled on the terminal using this command; cc -o program program.c however, i'm unable to see the process hierachy for that program. i tried using "ps -C program -l --forest" and unable to see the tree structure. need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unix on a Mac OS X

Hi. I'm using a Mac computer to perform all my Unix operations. At the moment, I'm employing osascript to interact between windows and don't know whether the same is possible to do it on a BASH shell without calling osascript. If so, I would like to see an example of how to do it. Many thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on mac

Hello, I formated my hard disk and i recovered some videos, but the thing is the videos were in .MOV format and now there are just UNIX executable files, i tried to write at the end of the name the extension but quicktime didn't recognize me the videos, somebody can help me with this problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arielorc
1 Replies
CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE_LARGE(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options				      CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE_LARGE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE_LARGE - maximum file size allowed to download SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE_LARGE, curl_off_t size); DESCRIPTION
Pass a curl_off_t as parameter. This allows you to specify the maximum size (in bytes) of a file to download. If the file requested is found larger than this value, the transfer will not start and CURLE_FILESIZE_EXCEEDED will be returned. The file size is not always known prior to download, and for such files this option has no effect even if the file transfer ends up being larger than this given limit. This concerns both FTP and HTTP transfers. DEFAULT
None PROTOCOLS
FTP and HTTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.11.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE(3), CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_MAXFILESIZE_LARGE(3)