Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl run system command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl run system command Post 39875 by gdboling on Tuesday 2nd of September 2003 06:51:30 PM
Old 09-02-2003
Perl run system command

Can perl execute a system command similar to the C function System()?

Thanks.

Gregg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - system command

Can this be done without using te system command? I have a directory with a large number of files in it, but I am interested in only the 8 most recent. The directory looks like -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm 13412 Sep 22 08:31 events_dump_09222005.csv.gz -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run system command in perl cgi

Hi guys, got a problem with a perl cgi script over here. I need it to run a system command to get the status of a process. Unfortunately the process is owned by a specific user and only this user can get its status. So i tried running the command from the perl cgi with "su", but then i get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: polki
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the particular command continously for 30 mins in perl?

Hi, I have command that should run continuously for 30 mins but not every day not once in a week , not one in a month. whenever i call that particular program that command should run for 30 mins and stop. #Contents of test.pl `ls -l *.txt`; #some other lines of code to print ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cannot run command line scripts in perl or gawk

I originally posted this to a different forum (I am a new Perl user) and realized the error so I will ask here. I am on a WindowsXP machine trying to run perl and gawk scripts from the command line. I have perl and gawk installed and environment set to C:\perl\bin and cannot get a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl command in script[solved]

Hi all, When I put the Perl command in a script, I got error. system("perl -pi -e 's@words@words@g' myFile"); The error is: Unrecognized character \x8A; marked by <-- HERE after دت مد�<-- HERE near column 15 at -e line 1. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 06:30 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lham
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better way to run this perl command

i'm working with files that are huge in size. over 3GB. and i need to do a lot of pattern matching. I need a way to grep for what i want, using a tool that is available across most unix systems. i initially was gungho about grep, but not all capablities of grep are available on all OSes. so... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl system() to run a script

Hello, I'm trying to run "csso" (minify css) in a CGI script from the web panel. That is not working: Returns error 0; my $cmd = qq`csso stylesheet.css > stylesheet.min.css`; system($cmd); But that is working: my $cmd = qq`echo 'blabla' > stylesheet.min.css`; system($cmd); I'm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madispuk
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to run an POST/GET command via proxy?

Please what is the most simple way to run some perl command via proxy? i have perl script an in it: POST **something** GET **something** what should i do before it so its proxified via proxy without authentiffication, like 1.2.3.4:1080? any way to run whole .pl script via proxy? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies
syscallbyproc.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS					       syscallbyproc.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbyproc.d - syscalls by process name. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbyproc.d DESCRIPTION
syscallbyproc.d is a DTrace OneLiner to a report of the number of system calls made by process name. This is useful to identify which process is causing the most system calls. Docs/oneliners.txt and Docs/Examples/oneliners_examples.txt in the DTraceToolkit contain this as a oneliner that can be cut-n-paste to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbyproc.d FIELDS
first field This is the process name. There may be several PIDs that have the same process name, for example with numerous instances of "bash". The value reported will be the sum of them all. second field This is the count, the number of system calls made. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbyproc.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 May 15, 2005 syscallbyproc.d(1m)