Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup system to NFS Appliance device Post 39864 by RTM on Tuesday 2nd of September 2003 03:27:47 PM
Old 09-02-2003
Post your script - and realize that not everyone has a NA server in their data centers (ours was retired four months ago - after we found out it was obsolete and we could not get maintenance on it ).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio backup to a remote device..

Hi, Needing to perform a backup of one system to the tape unit on another system. Why, well because the local tape device is stuffed and I desparately need to have a backup completed successfully sooner rather than not at all. My question is how do I set the below code to allow me to perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing Device Does Not Exist While Taking Backup

Friends, while taking backup on /dev/rmt/0cn it is showing device does not exists. I have checked /dev/rmt 0cn is present there with link file created in /devices/pci@8,700000/scsi@5/st@5,0:cn I have checked cd /devices/pci@8,700000/scsi@5 but st@5,0:cn is not there. But I found st@3,0:cn. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup to NFS mount Redhat-Solaris

Hi guys, I have a redhat laptop and a sun solaris 8 server networked together I created an nfs share on the sun server and backed up an image of the Redhat laptop to it. The Hard disk size of the laptop is 40Gb but I have about 38Gb free space on the sun server. So I compressed the image... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fishworks appliance file system ??

Hi, could any one please let me know what is Fishworks appliance file system ?? How could I find out whether given filesystem is on Fishworks appliance? Thanks, Paresh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaniparesh
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

7. AIX

Backup to a remote tape device. Is it possible?

Hi all The situation is as follows: We need to take an mksysb image from an AIX 6.1 server. From some reason (irrelevant to this discussion) this server does not have access to a local CD-ROM or a tape drive. We do have another server with AIX 6.1 (but different technology level) which got access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

8. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

9. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

10. SCO

Backup of files using NFS a faster way

Hi All! i am trying to copy files from a SCO Openserver 5.0.6 to a NAS Server using NFS. I have a cron job that takes 1.5 hours to run and most of the data is static. I would like to find a faster way. In the event I needed to running manually or avoid an issue with taking down the servers... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
9 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)