Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interested, but lost.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Interested, but lost. Post 39804 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 31st of August 2003 11:01:33 PM
Old 09-01-2003
also number one can start some in depth discussions. for general usage? make sure you know what your compiling for and linux/{net,free,open}bsd and whathave you are all unix.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely Interested

As i was reading an article on being a "HACKERS" which was 30 minutes ago thinking that HACKING was the same as CRACKING, after the reading i discovered their difference, a hacker builds the internet while crackers just cracks and annoy like phreaking and breaking into people's computer. That... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Punk18
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested in partial command output.

Command output is given to the console. As in the following case - wc -l filename produces following output nn filename From this, I am only interested with nn(rowcount). Cant we simply extract it thr console? I also tried with null device, I know as - /dev/null wc -l filename >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

In which sport are you interested?

I am swimmer and also gym is here . What sport do you practice ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies
desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				      desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)

NAME
desktop_color_depth - Finds out the desktop color depth. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int desktop_color_depth(); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the currently selected desktop color depth. You can use this information to make your program use the same color depth as the desktop, which will likely make it run faster because the graphic driver won't be doing unnecessary color conversions behind your back. Under some OSes, switching to a full screen graphics mode may automatically change the desktop color depth. You have, therefore, to call this function before setting any graphics mode in order to retrieve the real desktop color depth. Example: allegro_init(); ... if ((depth = desktop_color_depth()) != 0) { set_color_depth(depth); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the color depth or zero on platforms where this information is not available or does not apply. SEE ALSO
get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)