Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Domain Administrator
Operating Systems Linux Domain Administrator Post 39791 by OllieTech on Sunday 31st of August 2003 12:23:14 AM
Old 08-31-2003
Doesn't the PSA do that for you already?

AFAIK, Apache does not create the directories and alter permissions of files. Scripts are written that do this type of thing. Cobalt Raq systems had a lot of scripting in place to do this type of thing when you input data through their web based administration system. You should check and see if Plesk offers the same thing.

One note: From past experience, be careful when you are working with an automation system when you go changing the permissions of directories that is directly accessible by the system, you may cause the scripts designed for the automation to cease working.

Have you asked this question at the Plesk forums?

Last edited by OllieTech; 08-31-2003 at 01:28 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Auditing User administrator

Background: I a trying to audit user administration on a AIX box. I am trying to make sure that any changes made by the System administrator to the user accounts (Add users, changing their attributes or deleting users) are accompanied by authorization i.e. the system admin does not make any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gladiator
0 Replies

2. AIX

Administrator responsibilities

HELLOW ALL Can any one tell me what are the Requirements for any system administrator to be a system administrators (After taking all the courses for IBM or the the track that requires only during your job). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat administrator certification

Hi All, I want to get certified as RedHat administrator and i though why not to use this wonderfull forum to ask this question. Can someone please let me know some good institues in 'Mumbai' from where i can take RedHat courses and get certified. Also it will be of great help if i can get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
0 Replies
RESOLV.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						    RESOLV.CONF(5)

NAME
resolv.conf - Domain Name System resolver configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/resolv.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/resolv.conf is used to configure how the host will use the Domain Name System to resolve hostnames to IP addresses. It may con- tain these two lines: nameserver IP-address domain domain-name The nameserver entry tells the IP address of the host to use for DNS queries. If it is set to 127.0.0.1 (which is the default) then the local name daemon is used that may use the /etc/hosts database to translate host names. You normally only need a nameserver entry if the name server is at the other side of a router. The default nonamed name server can't look beyond the local network. The domain entry tells the default domain to use for unqualified hostnames. This entry is usually not given in which case the domain of the local host is used. The long version of this story can be found in resolver(5). FILES
/etc/resolv.conf DNS resolver configuration file. SEE ALSO
resolver(5), hosts(5), nonamed(8), boot(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) RESOLV.CONF(5)