Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help for Linux hang up
Operating Systems Linux Help for Linux hang up Post 39768 by andysastre on Friday 29th of August 2003 07:05:36 PM
Old 08-29-2003
Question Help for Linux hang up

Hi everybody, i need help regarding my Linux start up.I was trying to configure internet connection with my Red Hat in order to use for Internet,but of no avail and I think I have changed one parameter to activate device during computer start up.

Now the problem is during start up and filesystem checks it hang, in this portion "Bringing up interface ppp0. and nothing happening I can't open my Linux anymore.

Please help...Thanks...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Hang a Process

this may be something trivial to many of you, but is there a way to purposely cause a process to hang? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hang linux server :(

All greetings:) I had problem: hangs linux a server, and hangs always on miscellaneous and at various times, for example, can stand about one week, and can and in some minutes after reboot. Tried on a server to put windows 2003, with him problems do not arise. What could it be?:) I from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDaniel
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

system hang

Hello, I am having a HP proliant 350 G3 sever installed wih RedHat linux 9.0 when I enterd using any user(Except root) the server hanged after few seconds, also the folder icons are blacked out and the names of the folder icons are disapper. can any body help me. Ajay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajay234
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp hang

Im making a script that goes out to about 200 servers and grabs log files daily and need to make sure the script gets all the servers it can even if one is out. I am ftp'ing the files over but if i cant connect to the server the process looks like it dies and the script is finished. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from CD hang

Why is one of my blade hanging and does nothing after trying to boot from CD??? ================== I tried to press 1....JS20 does not support SMS menu Here's what I see after 30 minutes... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hang in linux

Hi guys sorry for my English I am from GREECE and I speak from translator.I have in my school work to hang the program I've done is this encounter the problems is that the meter that I have put on the mistakes does not work (I have not stated anywhere lathi = 0, not to reset the meter at each of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soula
1 Replies

7. Linux

Linux System became hang-up

Hi all, I am working on Red hat Linux 2.6 and I am trying to compile some java files and when I am trying to do it,it compiles some file and then became hang up and doesn't allow me to do any operation.. I write one ksh script to compile all files by this script and move those file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

netstat -a hang

Hi, on our Solaris 10 servers, one day 'netstat -a' command return very slow after TCP output, wait 5 minute on this line - SCTP: Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q StrsI/O State ------------------------------- ------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_dba
6 Replies

9. Solaris

ALOM hang

Hi guys, I'm new with solaris. I just received sunfire T2000 server. Problem: ALOM keep hang/stuck/jammed. Steps do before it hang : 1. Connect to T2000 (using RJ45 - DB9 cable) 2. Open putty, connect via serial. 3. Power on the server. 4. Its loading. 5. then, hang. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasraf
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Server Hang in Linux RHEL 5.5

Dear All , One of our Oracle Database Server , which got hanged a couple of days before , so that we could not login to the Server , but it was pinging. So we tried various options and at last we did a reboot of this server. To find out the root cause of the Server Hang , when i checked the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies
UP2DATE(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.							UP2DATE(8)

NAME
rhnsd - a program for quering the Red Hat Network for updates and information SYNOPSIS
rhnsd [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
rhnsd is a daemon process that runs in the background and periodically polls the Red Hat Network to see if there are any queued actions available. If any are queued, it runs them. rhnsd is typically started from the init scripts in /etc/init.d/rhnsd when it's time to poll the Red Hat Network servers for available updates and actions. The default interval is every 120 minutes. The minimum polling interval is 60 minutes. To check for updates, rhnsd runs an external program called rhn_check. This is a small application that actually makes the network connec- tion to Red Hat Networks. The rhnsd daemon does not listen on any network ports, nor does it ever talk to the network directly. Any network activity is done via the rhn_check utility. rhnsd can be configure by editing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd config file. This is actually the configuration file the rhnsd init script /etc/init.d/rhnsd uses. -i, --interval Specify the interval that rhnsd should wait between checking the Red Hat Network. Default is 120 minutes, the minimum is 60 minutes. This can also be specified in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd -v, --verbose output more information about what rhnsd is doing. -f, --foreground force the rhnds process to run in the foreground instead of automatically backgrounding itself, as it does by default. FILES /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd Configuration settings for the rhnsd daemons init script. /usr/sbin/rhn_check The external program launched by rhnsd to connect to the Red Hat Network and retrieve any actions that have queued up. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid A certification that authenticates the client machine to the Red Hat Network. Generated via the up2date or rhnreg_ks utility. SEE ALSO
The rhnsd daemon is tightly coupled with Red Hat Network. Visit <http://www.redhat.com/network> for access or to sign up. rhn_check(8), up2date(8), up2date-config(8), AUTHORS
Written by Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> and Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Fri Feb 9 2001 UP2DATE(8)