Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE your thoughts on the KDE desktop environmt Post 39710 by OllieTech on Thursday 28th of August 2003 11:52:09 AM
Old 08-28-2003
Well in relation to email clients, there is only so many ways you can layout such a thing before it starts to get impractical to use. Microsoft Outlook (express) are good mail clients. Microsoft has spent a lot of time in researching how users are most productive in the email client layout.

To say that a particular open source app is copying a MS app is not totally true. The concept of ease of use and most productive environment is the goal for any program and you have to stick with what works.

For the record, I use SuSE 8.2 Pro w/ Ximian Evolution

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

how to uninstall KDE desktop in fedora 11

please i would like to uninstall the KDE desktop in my fedora 11,previously i was using the default gnome desktop,i want to revert to gnome desktop (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redhat_9ja
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde Desktop Effect won't work after installing OpenBox

I recently installed OpenBox to work with KDE in replacing the Kwin Session manager. A lot of things did seem to use less processing and memory, but it seems I've lost my KDE Desktop Effects. I managed to track down this in /home/user/.xsession-errors after trying to re-enable them: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
0 Replies

3. Linux

Load kde desktop, fedora server 21

can not load fedora 21 server kde desktop after install yum -y install @kde-desktop reboot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
0 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE Desktop

I installed KDE with Debian. The KDE desktop never appears. Much searching w/ Google and no help. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies
Jifty::LetMe(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Jifty::LetMe(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::LetMe - A way to expose single-link URLs to your applications new Create a new "LetMe" authentication object; it takes no parameters. It calls "_init" to do any initialization. A LetMe is a way to provide a one-time-use URL for a particular purpose. All LetMe objects give you a way to validate a user's identity and to allow them a very small set of possible actions or page-access permissions. For example, you can put a LetMe URL in an email to a new user, so that when they click on the URL you know that their email address is valid. _init @_ Called with whatever "new" was called with. By default, does nothing. user Contains an app-specific "user" object. validated_current_user If the user has presented a valid token, returns an (app-specific subclass of the) Jifty::CurrentUser object for the user who has the email address in $self->email. If no user has that email address, returns undef. _user_from_email ADDRESS Returns an (app-specific subclass of the) Jifty::CurrentUser object for the user who has the email address ADDRESS. generate_checksum Returns an authentication checksum for the current combination of: user path arguments until generate_koremutake_checksum Generate a slightly more pronounceable version of the checksum using String::Koremutake. Due to hex -> integer limitations, this is imprecise and may vary depending on the platform it is used on; as such, it is deprecated. from_token PATH Parse a string of the form mylongusername@example.com/update_task/23/until/20050101/bekidrikufryvagygefuba into email => mylongusername@example.com, path => 'update_task/23' until => 20050101, checksum_provided => bekidrikufryvagygefuba as_token Returns the "letme" token for this set of credentials. This should round trip cleanly with from_token as_encoded_token A variant of as_token that encodes the user's email address suitably for passing in a URL as_url Returns the fully qualified URL for this LetMe. It's composed of Jifty->web->url, "base_path" and "as_encoded_token" base_path By default, all "LetMe" actions live at URLs under '/let' inside your application. Override this subroutine to change that. By default, it returns '/let/' validate Returns true if the credentials the user presented validate OK. Returns false otherwise. _correct_checksum_provided Returns true if the checksum the user provided is correct. Doesn't actually do much input checking. You want to call "validate" perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::LetMe(3pm)