Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX Post 39623 by S.Vishwanath on Tuesday 26th of August 2003 03:44:08 AM
Old 08-26-2003
Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX

Hi All,

Please let me know the list of commands, that can give me the
list of hardwares available on the HP-UX Box.

I'm using HP-UX B.11.00.

I would like to know the list of HBA's, PCIMCA Cards etc., attached
to the system. And also, which device files point to which
Hardware. more & more.

Thanks in Advance

Vishwa.

Last edited by S.Vishwanath; 08-26-2003 at 04:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Details of compress -b

Hello. Can any1 help me with the compress command. The -b option takes the number of bits used for encoding. can u expalin why this number of bits is used and for what purpose. what is the maximum number we can provide? In SFU these number has a valod range between 12 and 16 y?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipc Details

hai, i am doing my masters degree in computers.please any one tell me about fork(),semaphores,mutex,messaging queues,messaging using pipes ,and msgget(),msgrecv() funtions in ipc programming . i have exam on that i have a book but in that they not given clearly. hope u will ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.Vishnuvardhan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does one get HW details?

I need to do a full system inventory & pull details for: CPU Mem HDD (Size, config, partitions) Is there a single command to get this, or separate for each? Thanks, Gareth. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethh
3 Replies

4. Solaris

PATH details

I am using Solaris 10 Please tell me which path values are necessary for PATH= MANPATH= LD_LIBRARY_PATH= (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on available disk

Hi everybody.. I am looking for an alternative command to 'format' since this is allowed only to the root user. How do I do to get the same information as command format does here below ? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting Details of pf -ef

Hi All, I have a Linux server where many script run on daily basis through crontab. I could see some entries on my name but I am not able to get the details. >>ps -ef | grep an001 >>root 9905 1742 0 Apr17 ? 00:00:00 sshd: an001 >>an001 9907 9905 0 Apr17 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10? I would like to see the following details: 1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc. 2. Slots Present in the chassis 3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baddy
8 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)