Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Solaris 9 on X86 Post 39620 by JaredsNew on Monday 25th of August 2003 07:16:41 PM
Old 08-25-2003
thanks

Thanks. That link was exactly what I needed! The key is not installing the full version, but instead installing the developer edition and then setup network settings one by one. Thanks again. -Jared

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

3. Solaris

x86 Install stops with a /cdrom error

Hi, I have a DVD burned iso image of Solaris 10 for x86 and trying to install it on an PowerSpec PC with 2 - DVD drives. The DVD image won't boot from the top DVD drive so I put it in the second one and it boots. The installation gets to the following prompt: "You may need to manually eject the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache Install error on Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to install apache on a sun server (Solaris 10 x86) but when I execute the compile i have the following error; configure failed for srclib/apr Can anybody help with this. Thanks for the usual help oh-daa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oh-daa
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Install using a ZFS FLAR on x86

Hi, Been rattling my brain on this one, trying to install multiple systems using the FLASH method from a cdrom booted image s10u10, with flar image hosted on a FTP server.. System installs fine with traditional install, and can use the flash procedure using ufs image but not zfs filesystem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt71027
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)