Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP to read a directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP to read a directory Post 39584 by krishnamarajuc on Monday 25th of August 2003 03:03:42 AM
Old 08-25-2003
use mget *.* to get all the files and folders and use mput to transfer the files to the remote location

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp-directory

Some users get on our server with ftp with a specific username (i.e. guest). The users guest has an own group. The user guest is in the path /usr/guests after login. How can I lock the user guest that he don't get up to the /usr treee. I tried to change the rights for the .. But it's not anymore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arn_ch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp a directory

How does one ftp an entire directory from one Solaris 5.9 machine to another with out moving one file at a time? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we ftp a directory

Hi guyz, Is there any way to ftp a whole directory structure. I mean is there any way using which I can get the whole directory ftpied including the subdirectories Thanks and regards, Gauravv (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Files from a Directory

Hi, I have a requirement where I have get the files from FTP server then delete the files in the FTP server and then store the file name within the file where there is "TR". i.e Filename|TR|20071231|.... Once I finish loading my file I have to archive the files. Is there any way to do it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

5. Solaris

add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory

hi all how I can create an ftp user in solaris 10 and have read and write permission on a directory. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luisfja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - read only FTP

Hi, I want to set FTP server on AIX to read only mode. I found out manual page for /etc/ftpaccess.ctl (manual page ). I tried put readonly: ALL or readonly: ALL writeonly: NONE and nothing happened (of course, I restart FTP server by stopsrc -t ftp; startsrc -t ftp) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henriette
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp whole directory

HI Guys, I have downloaded the oracle binaries from oracle.com, i have unziped them in a directory say OWB. I have to copy them to my windows server so i have ran the ftp command. It looks like i can ftp whole directory. Can you please get me the command to get all the files and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp read a file

hi, i need ftp commands which read a text file and ftp the contents of the file to a another machine. Anyone can help me out please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies
cadaver(1)							   User Manuals 							cadaver(1)

NAME
cadaver - A command-line WebDAV client for Unix. SYNOPSIS
cadaver [-et][-V][-h] http://hostname[:port]/path DESCRIPTION
cadaver supports file upload, download, on-screen display, namespace operations (move and copy), collection creation and deletion, and locking operations. Its operation is similar to the standard BSD ftp(1) client and the Samba Project's smbclient(1). A user familiar with these tools should be quite comfortable with cadaver. OPTIONS
-e, --expect100 Enable sending of `Expect: 100-continue' header. -t, --tolerant Allow cd/open into non-WebDAV enabled collection; use if the server or proxy server has WebDAV compliance problems. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. COMMAND REFERENCE
ls [path] List contents of current [or other] collection cd path Change to specified collection pwd Display name of current collection put local [remote] Upload local file get remote [local] Download remote resource mget remote... Download many remote resources mput local... Upload many local files edit resource Edit given resource less remote... Display remote resource through pager mkcol remote... Create remote collection(s) cat remote... Display remote resource(s) delete remote... Delete non-collection resource(s) rmcol remote... Delete remote collections and ALL contents copy source... dest Copy resource(s) from source to dest move source... dest Move resource(s) from source to dest lock resource Lock given resource unlock resource Unlock given resource discover resource Display lock information for resource steal resource Steal lock token for resource showlocks Display list of owned locks propnames res Names of properties defined on resource chexec [+|-] remote Change isexecutable property of resource propget res [propname] Retrieve properties of resource propset res propname value Set property on resource set [option] [value] Set an option, or display options open URL Open connection to given URL close Close current connection quit Exit program unset [option] [value] Unsets or clears value from option. lcd [directory] Change local working directory lls [options] Display local directory listing lpwd Print local working directory logout Logout of authentication session help [command] Display help message EXAMPLES
cadaver http://dav.example.com/ Connects to the server myserver.example.com, opening the root collection. cadaver http://zope.example.com:8022/Users/fred/ Connects to the server zope.example.com using port 8022, opening the collection "/Users/fred/". cadaver https://secure.example.com/ Connects to a server called secure.example.com using SSL. FILES
~/.cadaverrc Individual user settings that can override cadaver defaults. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <cadaver@webdav.org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), smbclient(1) Unix January 2002 cadaver(1)