Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help! Slow Performance
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Help! Slow Performance Post 39564 by Neo on Saturday 23rd of August 2003 12:26:25 PM
Old 08-23-2003
Help! Slow Performance

Is the performance now very, very slow (pages take a very long time to load)? Or is it just me?

Neo

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow Copy(CP) performance

Hi all We have got issues with copying a 2.6 GB file from one folder to another folder. Well, this is not the first issue we are having on the box currently, i will try to explain everything we have done from the past 2 days. We got a message 2 days back saying that our Production is 98%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow copy/performance... between volumes

hi guys We are seeing weird issues on my Linux Suse 10, it has lotus 8.5 and 1 filesystem for OS and another for Lotus Database. the issue is when the Lotus service starts wait on top is very high about 25% percent and in general CPU usage is very high we found that when this happens if we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow performance filtering file

Please, I need help tuning my script. It works but it's too slow. The code reads an acivity log file with 50.000 - 100.000 lines and filters error messages from it. The data in the actlog file look similar to this: 02/08/2011 00:25:01,ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found using this criteria.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miila
5 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow copy (cp) performance when overwriting files

I have a lot of binary files I need to copy to a folder. The folder is already filled with files of the same name. Copying on top of the old files takes MUCH longer than if I were to delete the old files then copy the new files to the now-empty folder. This result is specific to one system -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ces55
3 Replies
gethrtime(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					     gethrtime(3C)

NAME
gethrtime, gethrvtime - get high resolution time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> hrtime_t gethrtime(void); hrtime_t gethrvtime(void); DESCRIPTION
The gethrtime() function returns the current high-resolution real time. Time is expressed as nanoseconds since some arbitrary time in the past; it is not correlated in any way to the time of day, and thus is not subject to resetting or drifting by way of adjtime(2) or settime- ofday(3C). The hi-res timer is ideally suited to performance measurement tasks, where cheap, accurate interval timing is required. The gethrvtime() function returns the current high-resolution LWP virtual time, expressed as total nanoseconds of execution time. The gethrtime() and gethrvtime() functions both return an hrtime_t, which is a 64-bit (long long) signed integer. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment measures the average cost of getpid(2): hrtime_t start, end; int i, iters = 100; start = gethrtime(); for (i = 0; i < iters; i++) getpid(); end = gethrtime(); printf("Avg getpid() time = %lld nsec ", (end - start) / iters); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
proc(1), adjtime(2), gettimeofday(3C), settimeofday(3C), attributes(5) NOTES
Although the units of hi-res time are always the same (nanoseconds), the actual resolution is hardware dependent. Hi-res time is guaran- teed to be monotonic (it won't go backward, it won't periodically wrap) and linear (it won't occasionally speed up or slow down for adjust- ment, like the time of day can), but not necessarily unique: two sufficiently proximate calls may return the same value. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 gethrtime(3C)