Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity anti-spam virus package for Unix Post 3956 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2001 12:29:33 AM
Old 07-16-2001
The way the UNIX OS is designed, viruses are not much of a problem (versus MS OS variations where viruses are very much a problem); hence you will not find much on UNIX viruses, nor should you worry about it very much.

For anti-spam, the built in anti-spam features in the new releases of sendmail work quite nicely.

Also, check of this IEEE paper on email bombs and countermeasures:

http://www.silkroad.com/papers/html/bomb/

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)						     collectd							 COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)

NAME
collectd-email - Documentation of collectd's "email plugin" SYNOPSIS
# See collectd.conf(5) LoadPlugin email # ... <Plugin email> SocketGroup "collectd" SocketPerms "0770" MaxConns 5 </Plugin> DESCRIPTION
The "email plugin" opens an UNIX-socket over which one can submit email statistics, such as the number of "ham", "spam", "virus", etc. mails received/handled, spam scores and matched spam checks. This plugin is intended to be used with the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Collectd SpamAssassin-plugin which is included in contrib/, but is of course not limited to that use. OPERATION
This plugin collects data indirectly by providing a UNIX-socket that external programs can connect to. A simple line based protocol is used to communicate with the plugin: o E-Mail type (e.g. "ham", "spam", "virus", ...) and size (bytes): e:<type>:<size> If "size" is less than or equal to zero, "size" is ignored. o Spam score: s:<value> o Successful spam checks (e.g. "BAYES_99", "SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_C", ...): c:<type1>[,<type2>,...] Each line is limited to 256 characters (including the newline character). Longer lines will be ignored. SEE ALSO
collectd(1), collectd.conf(5) AUTHOR
The "email plugin" has been written by Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org>. The SpamAssassin-plugin has been written by Alexander Wirt <formorer at formorer.de>. This manpage has been written by Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org>. 5.1.0 2012-04-02 COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)