Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity anti-spam virus package for Unix Post 3956 by Neo on Monday 16th of July 2001 12:29:33 AM
Old 07-16-2001
The way the UNIX OS is designed, viruses are not much of a problem (versus MS OS variations where viruses are very much a problem); hence you will not find much on UNIX viruses, nor should you worry about it very much.

For anti-spam, the built in anti-spam features in the new releases of sendmail work quite nicely.

Also, check of this IEEE paper on email bombs and countermeasures:

http://www.silkroad.com/papers/html/bomb/

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

4. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin - Connect a Mail::Message with Mail::SpamAssassin INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin is a Mail::SpamAssassin::Message SYNOPSIS
# WARNING: requires OLD SpamAssassion 2.x, not the new 3.x # See Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin for the preferred interface # However, it is possible to do: my $msg = ...; # some Mail::Message object my $sa = Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin->new($msg); my $spam = Mail::SpamAssassin->new; my $status = $spam->check($sa); $msg->label(spam => 1) if $status->is_spam; $status->rewrite_mail; # Adds spam lines to header DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This module only works with the old version of SpamAssassin: version 2.x. The newer 3.x releases have changed the way that messages are kept. Please contribute improved code. The "Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin" class --sorry for the long package name-- is a wrapper around Mail::SpamAssassin::Message, which is an interface to the spam checking software of Mail::SpamAssassin. METHODS
Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin->new(MESSAGE, OPTIONS) Creates a wrapper around the MESSAGE. The already present fields from a previous run of Spam::Assassin (or probably fake lines) are removed first. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin(3pm)