Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X-Server without KDE
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers X-Server without KDE Post 39474 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 19th of August 2003 11:34:08 PM
Old 08-20-2003
if your using kdm then you should be able to select different x sessions. one of them being just x with no window manager.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Kde 3.0

Hello, i,ve installed suse with kde 3.0, I had never used an X for unix before. So I don't know much. Most things were easy to find, but what anoyes me a lot is that the desktop is larger than mij monitor, so I have to move my mouse to see the rest of the desktop. I've tried to set the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: counTnegaTive
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kde path......

Hi all, I have a big problems here... In the install of FreeBSD 4.6, I've installed Kde3.0.0 . So, the file path is now : file:/root/.kde . And I want my user to access it... and maybe move it to another area (In the usr/local... because you know... my root directory isn't very tall...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To...KDE on Solaris 8

I have my shinny new SunFire 280 server with a fresh copy of Solaris 8 installed. I installed the options CD which includes KDE. I can't seem to get it to work. (This is what happens when management gives a Unix box to an x86 Network Admin and says "Figure it out" ) I have played with Mandrake and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RandySmith23
1 Replies

4. Linux

I cannot init kde

hi everyone, I met a problem. Before I shut down the computer, I run some C++ program with saving data files in the computer. But next time when I start the computer, it said the space is not enough to start the kde. Then I login to the save mode and deleted some files. And restart, this time I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elfyl
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE and startx

Hello, Ive installed freeBSD 6.0 - and the prompt part of the system works well. Ive then tried to install KDE for graphic interface to the unix system. The problem is: Whenever I run "$ startx" it starts some graphical interface, but its totally swirled, you can sense that in the background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

updating kde 3.5 to 4.0

i know i can find doc's to upgrade on like thats not what im looking for im just here to ask how hard on 1 to 10 is it to do and how long would you say... please not im not a unix pro nor have any phython perl or c background but i do know html little php and basic qbasic and purebasic ... and is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revolver
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE install

I am pretty new to Unix. I am running Solaris 8 on a Sun Ultra 5. I installed the Solaris 8 software companion cd which included the KDE desktop. I located the the KDE bin file that starts KDE, but I cannot find any setup files. I'm not sure if I need to run any setup files. It looks like all of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KDE on Solaris ?

I want to install KDE on my Solaris PC , I downloaded solaris companion CD and question is there KDE available to install because I want that all my households work on one stable PC , but one condition is they must have K3B for burning files , and some GUI torrent program for downloading like Vuze... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

9. Linux

Load kde desktop, fedora server 21

can not load fedora 21 server kde desktop after install yum -y install @kde-desktop reboot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
0 Replies
KDE4-CONFIG(1)							 KDE User's Manual						    KDE4-CONFIG(1)

NAME
kde4-config - Prints KDE installation paths SYNOPSIS
kde4-config [--expandvars] [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--libsuffix] [--localprefix] [--version] [--types] [--path type] [--userpath type] [--install type] DESCRIPTION
kde4-config is a command line program used to retrieve information about KDE installation or user paths. Use this program to determine where the various aspects of the KDE installation reside on your system. OPTIONS
--expandvars expand ${prefix} and ${exec_prefix} in output --prefix Compiled in prefix for KDE libraries --exec-prefix Compiled in exec_prefix for KDE libraries --libsuffix Compiled in library path suffix --localprefix Prefix in $HOME used to write files --version Compiled in version string for KDE libraries --types Print a list of all available KDE resource types --path type Search path for the specified type --userpath type User paths for the types: desktop|autostart|trash|document --install type Prefix to install resource files to EXAMPLES
Print the top-level KDE installation directory: % kde4-config --prefix Print a list of all resource types: % kde4-config --types Print the installed wallpaper path: % kde4-config --path wallpaper SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> Author. K Desktop Environment 2007-09-28 KDE4-CONFIG(1)