Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Minicom Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Minicom Scripting Post 39384 by oombera on Friday 15th of August 2003 09:26:34 AM
Old 08-15-2003
I couldn't find much on minicom ... here's a couple examples I found, but I'm not sure they'll help with what you're trying to do:
http://www.netwinder.org/~urnaik/ixp...l#UsingMinicom

start :
Code:
send ""

expect {
    "Linux login:"
}
send root

expect {
	"[root@Linux /root]$"
}
send cat > /etc/resolv.conf
send domain sc.intel.com
send search sc.intel.com intel.com
send nameserver $(IXP1200_DNS1)
send nameserver $(IXP1200_DNS2)
send  

expect {
	"[root@Linux /root]$"
}
send ifup $(IXP1200_LIP) $(IXP1200_MASK) $(IXP1200_BCAST) $(IXP1200_GWAY)

expect {
	"[root@Linux /root]$"
}
send /bin/rm /var/log/wtmp

expect {
	"[root@Linux /root]$"
}
send PS1=\"[\\u@\\h \\W]\\$ \"

exit

bootixp :
Code:
#!/bin/bash

# LIP: Local IP, the address reserved for your Evaluation system
export IXP1200_LIP=10.3.19.129

# RIP: Remote IP, the address of a tftp server with zImage and ramdisk_img.gz
export IXP1200_RIP=10.3.19.128

# netmask, broadcast, gateway and DNS
export IXP1200_MASK=255.255.255.0
export IXP1200_BCAST=10.3.19.255 
export IXP1200_GWAY=10.3.19.251
export IXP1200_DNS1=143.183.51.92
export IXP1200_DNS2=143.183.163.67

# This line assumes the start script is in the user's home directory
minicom ixp1200 -S ./start

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux - minicom

hello. i'm attempting to use minicom in linux, but i'm having some difficulties. When i type in "minicom", the application opens up. It says 'starting minicom/finding modem'(something like that). However, once it actually starts, I can't do anything. No matter what I type in, it doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickboxer
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to test for serial commonication??(minicom)

I am testing for serial comm.......... I got suggestion of minicom.... but when i fire minicom... then i get the following error... minicom minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults Device /dev/modem access failed: No such file or directory. I am using fedora 6 ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect minicom

Hi, I am new to using minicom. I want how to write a expect script for minicom login? I wrote a code but its not acting what iam expecting. here I have my code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd fconfigure $fd spawn -open $fd spawn minicom expect “enter:” send "\n" send "\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

minicom works, but stty does not

Hi all, I have some trouble getting stty to talk to some serial/usb converter. Getting minicom to work was however quite simple after I entered the following settings in addition to its standard-setup: pu port /dev/ttyUSB0 pu baudrate 19200 pu bits 8 pu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa-trick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from Minicom on a shell script

This is what I've tried: #!/bin/sh send sh send showifs send exit ! killall minicom My problem is that for some reason when I do this it doesn't give me the results of the prior commands sent like showifs So I suspect my syntax is wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uradunce
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little script with minicom

Hi all, i must do a little script that send AT command at ttyUSB3.. for example: Start Minicom: Set serial port ttyUSB3 AT+CREG? if response != OK then do something ...other AT command (open a socket tcp/ip with at comman) Send a file .txt for example. exit minicom. I saw on the... (49 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
49 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with minicom script

I'm a fairly new user to Linux based systems and am still a little uncomfortable with using the command interface. I'm trying to get my feet wet but have unfortunately hit a wall and am actually not even sure what I am trying to accomplish is at all possible. Basically, I am trying to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrdk00
0 Replies

9. SCO

Minicom

hello is there a copy of minicom or equivalent for unixware 7? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternatives to minicom During Remote Access?

Hey All, I am trying to find something similar to minicom, but it needs the ability to be ran during a remote dialup session on the remote device's side. If I dial into the remote server (*using minicom) and then try to run minicom on the remote server I get the following: # minicom... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
20 Replies
conjure(1)						      General Commands Manual							conjure(1)

NAME
conjure - interprets and executes scripts written in the Magick Scripting Language (MSL). SYNOPSIS
conjure [options] script.msl OVERVIEW
The conjure program is a member of the ImageMagick(1) suite of tools. Use it to process a Magick Scripting Language (MSL) script. The Mag- ick scripting language (MSL) will primarily benefit those that want to accomplish custom image processing tasks but do not wish to program, or those that do not have access to a Perl interpreter or a compiler. For more information about the conjure command, point your browser to file:///usr/share/doc/packages/ImageMagick/www/conjure.html or http://www.imagemagick.org/script/conjure.php. DESCRIPTION
Image Settings: -monitor monitor progress -quiet suppress all warning messages -regard-warnings pay attention to warning messages -seed value seed a new sequence of pseudo-random numbers -verbose print detailed information about the image Miscellaneous Options: -debug events display copious debugging information -help print program options -log format format of debugging information -list type print a list of supported option arguments -version print version information In additiion, define any key value pairs required by your script. For example, conjure -size 100x100 -color blue -foo bar script.msl SEE ALSO
ImageMagick(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 ImageMagick Studio LLC. Additional copyrights and licenses apply to this software, see file:///usr/share/doc/pack- ages/ImageMagick/www/license.html or http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php ImageMagick Date: 2009/01/10 01:00:00 conjure(1)