Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux inxtallation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux inxtallation Post 39378 by malcom on Friday 15th of August 2003 06:33:51 AM
Old 08-15-2003
Any error message ...

Hi,

did you get any error message , or any kind of message ? Usually after choosing the installation mode, there a some message, like the kernel start.

Regards
Alex

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
mesg(5) 							File Formats Manual							   mesg(5)

NAME
mesg - enable or disable System V IPC messages at boot time (OBSOLETE) DESCRIPTION
The tunable is obsolete. The System V IPC message subsystem is always enabled. Overview A System V message is just a sequence of bytes that can be passed between cooperating processes via a message queue. Messages can be of any length up to a tunable maximum. Messages larger than 64 bytes (not tunable) are stored in reserved kernel memory. Messages equal to or smaller than 64 bytes are allocated with the message header and therefore do not consume extra kernel structure to maintain the memory. Each message is "typed" with an application-specific number. Each message queue is referenced by a unique ID, and can contain multiple individual messages. The process receiving a message can get the "first" message (FIFO), the first of a specified type, the first of a group of types, or wait for a specific type to appear. WARNINGS
Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T. SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1), msgctl(2), msgget(2), msgrcv(2), msgsnd(2), msgmnb(5), msgmni(5), msgmbs(5), msgtql(5). OBSOLETE
Tunable Kernel Parameters mesg(5)