Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prepare log for access
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting prepare log for access Post 39314 by joerg on Wednesday 13th of August 2003 01:54:15 AM
Old 08-13-2003
Lightbulb

Thanx for your replay,
but now I got a solution with a lot of unix commands.
regards joerg

This is only a small part:

grep -n 'search string' losed | cut -d ':' -f1 > found
set i = 1
while 1 == 1
set aktz = `sed -n ${i}p found`
@ i++
if $aktz == '' break
@ startaktz= ( $aktz - 2 )
set str1 = `sed -n $startaktz'p' losed | cut -c1-20`
set str2 = `sed -n $aktz'p' losed`
set str = "${str1};${str2}"
echo $str >> layer
end

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to prepare HDD for Installation of Solaris

Hi All, I need some advice on dual booting a dell box so that I can have WinXP and Solaris 10 OS there. The question is, what is the best way of preparing the hdd for prior to installation? I have used created two partition, one for xp and the and the other unallocated partition for Solaris.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S0laris_B0y
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare a file by comparing two other files?

File 1 data: TestA TestB TestC File 2 data: TestA TestD TestE My Output File (pick all from both and create a file without duplicate data) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- TestA TestB TestC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmohanpv
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prepare a perl tuts

Hi I am working on perl for last 3 yrs and as part of knowledge sharing i have been told to conduct sessions with other teams.Only 1 session with basic details. My problem is i am not sure what all should i cover in this tut ? because i learned perl on my own. so i am not sure where to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepare command before executing

Hi, Couldnt find the right string" to search for a similar question..so dont know if this has been answered yet...problem is that I want to prepare a command with the requisite parameters passed as a string before executing it...eg: the ls command .. I can pass "-l", "-t" as parameters and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: harman_6
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prepare a tar package

I have installed apache2 on Solaris machine with the binary. So i dont want to install the same binary across all the systems but only want to copy the lib files and the files which have been updated in this installation process. So in order to get those lib files and then prepare a tar package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Modprobe prepare new IP address

Hello, I m working on virtualization and saved the templates in virtual server. On creating the new Virtual machine or linux system, is there a way where during booting, it should prompt for new IP address, gateway, DNS and hostname? Or is there any configuration in linux where we can modify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepare file run report

I have a requirement to prepare a report. We validate some incoming data fields and create validation_error reports which will contain records which do not pass validation. Once files are processed they will all be dropped under one folder. EMPLOYEE_20140915.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ?

---file1 ( tables A B C D E F ... ... Z ---file2 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies
PasswordService(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					PasswordService(8)

NAME
PasswordService -- Mac OS X Server Password Server daemon SYNOPSIS
PasswordService [-help | -ver] PasswordService [-n] DESCRIPTION
In the first synopsis form, PasswordService prints a usage summary or version information and quits. In the second form, PasswordService acts as a password server. PasswordService must be run as root; it will exit otherwise. If there is another instance of PasswordService running, it will exit. The PasswordService daemon acts as the gatekeeper for user passwords and provides an authentication resource for all services running on the system. The standard way to communicate with PasswordService is to use the DirectoryService API. Services authenticate via the dsDoDirN- odeAuth() function call. If the user being authenticated has an AuthenticationAuthority attribute that begins with ";ApplePasswordServer;" the request is routed to PasswordService for authentication. Normally, the users in an Open Directory LDAP server are managed through Pass- wordService. The DirectoryService buffer formats for each authentication mechanism are documented in the DirServicesConst.h header file. Some of the common methods supported are: APOP, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, MS-CHAPv2, NTLMv2 and NTLMv1. Some authentication methods require recoverable passwords. If APOP or WEBDAV-DIGEST are enabled, the password database must contain recover- able passwords. The PasswordService daemon enforces password policies, such as the minimum number of characters allowed or when a password change is required. See pwpolicy(8) for more information about password policies. PasswordService writes three log files; the server log contains all significant activity; the replication log contains information about syn- chronization with other password servers; the error log contains major error conditions. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -n Do not daemonize. USAGE
In typical usage, PasswordService is launched during the boot process by launchd. To start and stop PasswordService manually, use launchctl(8) commands. This command updates the configuration files and effect the startup state. FILES &; FOLDERS /usr/sbin/PasswordService - the password service daemon /Library/Logs/PasswordService/ApplePasswordServer.Error.log - the error log /Library/Logs/PasswordService/ApplePasswordServer.Replication.log - the replication log /Library/Logs/PasswordService/ApplePasswordServer.Server.log - the activity log SEE ALSO
mkpassdb(8) launchctl(8) pwpolicy(8) Mac OS X Server 21 February 2002 Mac OS X Server