Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Create a Term & Run chars on this Term Post 39305 by Perderabo on Tuesday 12th of August 2003 09:18:31 PM
Old 08-12-2003
People often leave their terminal world writable. If you could do this to your terminal, you could do it to theirs as well. That would be quite a security problem. I'm sure that your intentions are noble. But we don't discuss ways to violate system security here. So I will close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting TERM variable

Does anybody know how to give a default TERM variable while telnetting to Solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X-Term for Windows

Hi Everyone, I need some information from all of you guys. I generally work on a Solaris OS in my school and I had heard that I can download something called X-Term on a Windows system and still work on some of the graphical things on windows which generally work only on unix. This is what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelamarthi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff between $TERM & $DISPLAY

Can anybody pls explain me the diff between $TERM & $DISPLAY ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venky
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TERM script

I am trying to amend an existing TERM script to prompt the end user for a password - then take that password and add it to a specific part of an existing file. Here is what I have - BUT - I am confusing Unix with Term and my script does not like what I added b/c the script simply runs through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Surdeymon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing for TERM type

There are times where I want to use putty(vt100 TERM) and hummingbird (XTERM) is there a way to test what terminal connection I am using in my .profile so I can set my commands like stty erase correctly. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

killproc -term

Hi, I am trying the function killproc -term and it seems to be doing something extra that kill <pid> doesn't do. My daemon cleanly terminates using kill, but not using killproc. I tried strace on killproc and then killproc works well. I read online that strace ignores SIGSTOP. does that mean... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosfat
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk For a Specific Term

I'm having trouble pulling specific ROWS out of a very large file. I've been using an awk command in unix that looks like this: awk '{if ($16=="ACCEPTOR" || $16=="DONOR") print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is not selecting all of the rows which include either acceptor or donor in them. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: infiniteabyss
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qvt term with windows xp

I.m using qvt term to convert my windows xp laptop to work with sun ultra 5 unix system but i can't connect - my settings are off and i can't figure it out - i have a feeling it is my serial port # the porgramm is asking for. Can someone tell me where i can find this number. thanks Christine (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucenta tire
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
Term::Size::Any(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Term::Size::Any(3pm)

NAME
Term::Size::Any - Retrieve terminal size SYNOPSIS
# the traditional way use Term::Size::Any qw( chars pixels ); ($columns, $rows) = chars *STDOUT{IO}; ($x, $y) = pixels; DESCRIPTION
This is a unified interface to retrieve terminal size. It loads one module of a list of known alternatives, each implementing some way to get the desired terminal information. This loaded module will actually do the job on behalf of "Term::Size::Any". Thus, "Term::Size::Any" depends on the availability of one of these modules: Term::Size (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::ReadKey (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Win32 This release fallbacks to Term::Size::Win32 if running in Windows 32 systems. For other platforms, it uses the first of Term::Size::Perl, Term::Size or Term::Size::ReadKey which loads successfully. (To be honest, I disabled the fallback to Term::Size and Term::Size::ReadKey which are buggy by now.) FUNCTIONS The traditional interface is by importing functions "chars" and "pixels" into the caller's space. chars ($columns, $rows) = chars($h); $columns = chars($h); "chars" returns the terminal size in units of characters corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. pixels ($x, $y) = pixels($h); $x = pixels($h); "pixels" returns the terminal size in units of pixels corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. Many systems with character-only terminals will return "(0, 0)". SEE ALSO
It all began with Term::Size by Tim Goodwin. You may want to have a look at: Term::Size Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::Win32 Term::Size::ReadKey BUGS
Please reports bugs via CPAN RT, via web http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Term-Size-Any or e-mail to bug-Term-Size-Any@rt.cpan.org. AUTHOR
Adriano R. Ferreira, <ferreira@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2008 by Adriano R. Ferreira This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-21 Term::Size::Any(3pm)