Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Sytem 5, release 3
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Sytem 5, release 3 Post 3927 by Neo on Friday 13th of July 2001 05:17:49 PM
Old 07-13-2001
When I upgrade like you are doing I install hard drives and write the old system and files to the new hard drive and set this new system up to boot on a new architecture. I would not try to boot from a SCSI tape drive, personally. Perhaps you are more adventureous Smilie

We had a thread on how to upgrade like this recently where we describe the details on how to upgrade in this way.

Yes, the applications are independent of CPU hardware speeds; so nothing to worry there!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sco unix 5.0.5 call sytem() function question!please help me!

i want to know the return value of calling system function in the sco unix 5.0.5.what is the meaning of the return value? ............ int ret; char cmd; strcpy(cmd,"compress -F -c file >file.Z"); ret = system(cmd); ............. i want to know how to judge whether the file's compress is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hit
4 Replies

2. AIX

created sytem from mksysb

Hi, Whats are the changes I need if I have created the system from production server? I restore if from mksysb. I know I need to change the /etc/hosts and ip address. What else? Thanks in advance, Itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX System V Release 4.0?

Hello, I'm a COMPLETELY new to Unix and was interested in learning C Programming by following the book "The C Programming Language (ANSI C) " by Dennis Ritchie, and in the book the authors use UNIX... Now I have an old Compaq Armada 4120 laptop that I've wiped completely clean by "fdisking" the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NJenkins
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to intercept sytem calls

I would like to port a small utility from Linux to AIX and, lacking any software development knowledge for AIX, need some help: I have a library called Snoopy. Basically it intercepts the execv() and execve() system calls and logs them to the syslog-facility AUTHPRIV then passes control over to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix system v release 3.2 (sco-unix?)

another unix printing issue. our client based pc's used to print some form's to our hp printer. as of the moment they can not print. i have checked & did the ff: #lpstat -r (scheduler is running) i dunno if i need to restart the whole unix box via shutdown or just checking at... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
15 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace file sytem size change?

I need write a script to trace filesystem size change, such as /home will increase some size and then release some space. I don't know when increase happen. I want to get the size before increase and the size after release. How to write this script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Package release on UNIX environment

Hi, Can some one tell what is Package release on UNIX environment. Thanks, Nag (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies
UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux						 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)

NAME
upgrade-system - Command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system SYNOPSIS
upgrade-system DESCRIPTION
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of Debian systems, only requiring an administrator's intervention whenever updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features. USAGE
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator. It performs the following actions: o Resynchronize the list of available packages. o Upgrade all packages to their newest version. o Remove all obsolete package dependencies. o Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the FLAUSCH environment variable enables useful advanced system sanitization features. See upgrade-system.conf(5) for more details. FILES
/etc/upgrade-system.conf AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Martin Zdrahal <martin.zdrahal@konflux.at> Copyright (C) 2004,2012 Christoph Schindler <hop@30hopsmax.at> Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Martin-Eric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> LICENSE
GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. SEE ALSO
apt(8), upgrade-system.conf(5). http://q-funk.iki.fi 2004-02-16 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)