Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SunOS - root's .profile
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SunOS - root's .profile Post 39162 by meteor06 on Thursday 7th of August 2003 08:03:25 PM
Old 08-07-2003
you could copy one .profile from another user or edit new one

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS version 5.7 root password recovery?

I just received a Sun microsystem ultra 5 for a auction, it is running sunOS version 5.7, when it boots it asks for user login and password, I dont have either, is there a way to login in as root user with out the password or is there a way to recover the password so I can get in to my system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscav219
1 Replies

2. Solaris

root rlogin on sunos 5.9

Hi folks, Lately, i was asked to install some software on a sunos 5.9. The problem is that i cannot setup the r services for the installation to work properly : rlogin/rsh root without password. It keeps on bumping me login incorrect when i try to rlogin/rsh it with root ... I wonder why... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
3 Replies

3. Solaris

.profile for root ?

Hi friends, On a Solaris system is the .profile executed for the user root also as it is for any normal user ? if i have to change the PATH variable can i add it to the .profile? and by default ther .profile is not found in the / directory. i can see it in /etc as /etc/profile. Should i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

4. Solaris

sunOS 4.x.x root login

I have an old (I mean "dinosaur old") server that is running SunOS 4.1xxx. I need to allow root login ONLY on the console. I've looked in /etc/default for the login file for the "console=/dev/console" parameter is, but there's no 'default" dir in /etc. Can someone help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change root's .profile settings

As a regular (non-root) user on Unix servers I'm accustomed to changing my .profile file to set paths that I frequently use, etc. I am trying to learn unix and set up a test server running SunOS 5.8. When I login as root I don't see a .profile file that belongs to root wherein I could change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

6. Solaris

sshd (openssh) on SunOS without root privileges

Hi, I've just managed to install openssh in my home directory on a server I have access to by using --prefix=$HOME/local after ./configure. Another thing I was having trouble with without root access was privilege separation, so I disabled that in my sshd_config. However, when I run... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
10 Replies

7. Solaris

trying to add .profile for root

I am trying to add a .profile for root I cd to / do vi .profile and get /var/tmp/ExGXaaqa Read only file system... What does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liven
4 Replies

8. AIX

Ho to copy root profile?

Does anybody know how to copy/mirror root profile in AIX 5.2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fraydey
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix 6.1 root .profile not found

hello all i just installed my 1rst 6.1 machine and it's working fine but i can't find the root .profile ????? can any one help BEst Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islam.said
1 Replies

10. Solaris

.profile initial values in hp ux vs SunOS

Hi, Does .profile file have any intial values by default. I m presently migrating an application from HP UX to SUN OS. Please share the precautions needs to be taken during migration of .profile file. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)