Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes Post 39132 by Ringo on Thursday 7th of August 2003 01:18:52 PM
Old 08-07-2003
C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes

Could anyone tell me how to write a C shell script according to the following requirement.

Write a C shell script convertmin which will read in a number, thought of as representing minutes, and print out the number of hours/minutes it represents so:

Note: you are required to check exception cases: such as negative number, whether the input is numeric, etc

$ convertmin
Enter a number of minutes:

Result
128 minutes is 2 hours and 8 minutes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to move certain number of files every 10 minutes.

Hi, I need to move a certain number of files every 10 minutes from one folder to another. I have written the script below, however its not working, please advise. #! /bin/ksh start() { mv /test1/$(head -1000 /movetst) /test2/ sleep 600 } stop() { exit } ls ti* >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract 12 hour time, convert to 24 and subtract 15 minutes?

OK, I am by no means a programmer... I have been given the task to do some automation scripts. I have got most of it working from snippets I have found on the Web. One requirement has me stumped. The initial timing file created by the user is a comma delimited in the following format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the shell script for every 15 minutes?

I want to run my shell script for every 15 minutes starting from 12:20AM. I am passing parameter GA to shell script. Does this work? Any one please comment on this? 20 0-23/15 * * * xyz.sh 'GA' > xyz.log 2>&1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 Hr Time Format into Minutes?

Hello All I know the general Logic behind it but do not know the shell programming so much. For Example, The Time is stored in a given Variable if the Time is 0800 then i need to extract the last digits of the number and Add it to the Remaining Digit of the Number which is multiplied by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX rights in a number in a sh script

Hello, i'm trying to write a script sh to convert the rights of a folder or file in a number. Explain: ls -l = rwxrwxrwx so i must display 777. Do you known where i can find so convert script Thanks Use code tags, thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Diplay date of two minutes (period)

Hi all, Here is my script: #!/bin/sh while :; do sleep 1 date done Please, how can i change this script, i'd like to display the time only of two minutes (period) and exit ? Is that possible ? Thank you so much for help. Bests... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies
sa1(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa1(8)

NAME
sa1 -- Generate a system activity daily data file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa1 [t n] DESCRIPTION
The sa1 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity data collector, sadc. The binary sample data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to the standard daily data file, /var/log/sa/sadd where the dd repre- sents the current day of the month. sa1 is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), fs_usage(1), netstat(1), sar(1), sc_usage(1), top(1), vm_stat(1), crontab(5), iostat(8), sa2(8), sadc(8) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X