Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating a formatted message Post 39124 by BrianOsburn on Thursday 7th of August 2003 10:42:48 AM
Old 08-07-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
Post some sample lines.
Of the data file?

It's going to be something like this (at the bare minimum):

Code:
||||||||123456@abc.com|||||||||

There may be data in the columns, but only 1 email address (hence, only one @ sign).

Let me know if you need more information..

Brian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validating userid

What's wrong with this syntax? It's part of my 'if' statement but it doesn't seem to pass and it keeps going to the 'else' part. I thought it says that userid must start with a non-numeric character and is between 6 and 10 characters long (alphanumeric). $userid|grep -Eq '^?\{6,10\}+$' if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating $1 and $2 before using

Hi there, I'm trying to validate my $1 and $2 before I use them in the sqlplus update, I think I have the validation rules set correctly??? however when I test my script, it jumps straight into the sql. It doesn't seem to validate the vars....even when I know they are incorrect. if ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating 10. IP address any way possible

HELP: validating IP addresses any way possible -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am trying to validate input from the user in a script. I thought is was easy to do using regular expressions but I can't figure out how to use REs in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nrodolfich
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating data

I have a file like the following aaaaa00005bbbbb aaaaa00108bbbbb The code "00005" and "00108" need to be validated and the list of valid codes are stored in a database. While I loop through the file, should call a sql statement for every records to do the validation? or is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joanneho
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt - Word Document or Formatted text as a Message

Hi, I am writing a mailing script by using mutt command. I that i have facing a issues. because, i want to send Some Formatted text as the mail message. but, i try to send the Word Document file as the Mail message. it shows some junk characters in the mail. :confused:I think the mutt command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsenkumar
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validating a file

Pardon my ignorance but I am lost on how to do this I have a file called "Sample.txt", it is pipe delimited, it should have 13 fields. But some of the records do not, I would like to set up a shell script where I can pass in a parameter "Sample.txt" and it would split the file into records... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgeehot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for validating

HI, I am trying to write a validation script as below awk '($1=="ABC"&&$2="XYZ" ,then check the value in $8,$10 these columns should not be null. so their should be some corresponding value n the $8 and $10 column,if their is no value the script has to give error saying that at a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the file

Hello All, I have the following file. The first column is Type. Always the file will have one H and one T type in between all D type reocrds. Need todo some validations. H|ABCD D|TAB N0003107809CD2013-11-14|RYAN|FRY|7 DR|RICHMOND HILL|GA|32431|X|C95|000009999|000000001|TAB||C0001 D|TAB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)