Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: current situation
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users current situation Post 39085 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 6th of August 2003 10:26:34 AM
Old 08-06-2003
are you talking about the situation with SCO right now ? for ( semi ) biased news about this you could check out : http://slashdot.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Challenging situation for the MODERATORS

Well, I hope this way you will respond to my inquiries. I have 4 unix servers,with static ips (though i dont think this is an issue)....i can telnet and rlogin from one to the other....if i FTP from on et othe other and try to execute : cd /user return /user : no such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitute situation

I am having a problem executing a sed substitute in a file. I have tried alot of different things I found in previous posts, however non seem to work. I want to substitute this in $FILE: VALUE=33.4 In the script I have tried the following: prev=$(awk -F"=" '{ print $2 }' $FILE ) new=$(echo... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbreed1
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed situation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can think in sed. Basically, I need the trailing characters on every line in a file to be deleted. These characters are all in capitals, and always follow a number, but they often vary in number For instance, on the line: 2006_10_9_p20_TALK I'd want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
4 Replies

4. Programming

strange situation in file

Hi All, I am writing some data's into a file from C++ program. The files which i am writing is of fixed length . say 232 in length per line. I am writing as . my c code is as ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort a file for given situation?

Hi All, How can you sort a file that is doubled space ( where even number lines are blank lines) and still preserves the blank lines? You can use grep,sed and regular expression. Thanks Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Questions regarding a PANIC situation

Hi, Last week, we experienced 2 KERNEL PANIC error on our SCO Unix 5.0.7 server within a 2 hour span. So I called our sofware support which is OGC using running on an Informix Database. Within 5 minutes I had as answer that the problem was an Hardware issue. Since the server is supported by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamsville2k
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files situation

Hello, I am PhD student (Biomedical sciences) and very new to Linux. I need some help with the following task : I have files in the following format for their names : An_A1_nnn_R1.txt; An_A1_nnm_R1.txt; An_A1_nnoo_R1.txt An_A2_nnn_R1.txt; An_A2_nnm_R1.txt; An_A2_nno_R1.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julio Finalet
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a situation while extracting info

i have a text file which i am generating from few sqls. format is like : col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:55 1001 REDONE ABC ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
6 Replies
DCHECK(1M)																DCHECK(1M)

NAME
dcheck - file system directory consistency check SYNOPSIS
dcheck [ -i numbers ] [ filesystem ] DESCRIPTION
Dcheck reads the directories in a file system and compares the link-count in each i-node with the number of directory entries by which it is referenced. If the file system is not specified, a set of default file systems is checked. The -i flag is followed by a list of i-numbers; when one of those i-numbers turns up in a directory, the number, the i-number of the direc- tory, and the name of the entry are reported. The program is fastest if the raw version of the special file is used, since the i-list is read in large chunks. FILES
Default file systems vary with installation. SEE ALSO
icheck(1), filsys(5), clri(1), ncheck(1) DIAGNOSTICS
When a file turns up for which the link-count and the number of directory entries disagree, the relevant facts are reported. Allocated files which have 0 link-count and no entries are also listed. The only dangerous situation occurs when there are more entries than links; if entries are removed, so the link-count drops to 0, the remaining entries point to thin air. They should be removed. When there are more links than entries, or there is an allocated file with neither links nor entries, some disk space may be lost but the situation will not degenerate. BUGS
Since dcheck is inherently two-pass in nature, extraneous diagnostics may be produced if applied to active file systems. DCHECK(1M)