Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Who can help me how to add user without 'useradd' command Post 39082 by pressy on Wednesday 6th of August 2003 09:53:11 AM
Old 08-06-2003
pls tell us: what is your environment??

difficult to answer without that cognition...

bye bye Preßy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create new users without using "useradd" command and user Interaction.

Don't want to use useradd command to create a new user I am doing manual addition of accounts. Actually I am writing a script and I am working on RedHat7.1 system. What I am trying to do is run the script and pass all the values of the username password and group as command line parameters. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password for user using useradd?

hi all i am writing a script to create user and group from the input given to script for eg. script needs to values 1. mode - 1 or 2 2. id - if mode is 1 then id should be 2 char like x1 / v1 / v2 if mode is 2 then id should be 1 char like x / v / e from these to values group is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd command

what if useradd ? or useradd * is given as input???? if it wont execute. then what are the values for name shud be avoided like ? * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Purpose D option in useradd command

Hi Can any one tell about -D option in the useradd command? Thanks MaroV (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

useradd - shell missing features after adding user

Hi, I need to create a user from a bash script so i have to use useradd. The problem is that when i create a user with: useradd -d /home/sample -m sample after i login with that user I have no history in bash, path do not appears, i can't use arrows and so on. When I use adduser everything is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
5 Replies

6. Linux

Linux- Useradd / sudo user

Hi, I am new in linux. Please help for create new user and also need to give sudo access in linux box. Please help me Now i am having new access Thanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to add user from command prompt not to open actual file

Here is my script which gives the below output when I run.First it will display the list of all groups and then ask for enter the group name and after it will ask for contribuotors or users then I will add contribuotirs or users and it will show the list of all users associated with that group but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GID,Secondary ID in useradd command

Hi All, I am writing the script for user creation and want to use GID and Secondary group id from previous similar profile.Any one help me how we will take out GID & Secondary and use in useradd command. $ id -a test uid=6236(test) gid=999(local) groups=999(local),9003(testadmin) Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd command

Hi, I want to create multiple user in same home directory. Is it possible ? If possible then please tell me how. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

10. AIX

What is the command to add user to sudo?

Hi guys, I would like to add a new user and add him to sudo. appreciated if someone can give me the command to do so. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leecopper
3 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)