Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which distribution is right for me?? Post 39055 by pressy on Tuesday 5th of August 2003 11:28:02 AM
Old 08-05-2003
my tip

hiho,

Do you know KNOPPIX? It is a bootable CD with a collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk KNOPPIX is a debian based system, so it works with dpkg and apt.
KNOPPIX is really one of the best ways to show everyone how powerfull and also wonderfull linux is... you when you enjoy the distri you also can install it..... just try it...

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

greetings Preßy

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Which distribution

Hi, I know this is probably a bad question to ask since there are several distributions and each person has their own personal favorite, but here goes... What distribution of Linux would you recommend for someone who is a beginner to the Linux / Unix scene who is wanting to learn things,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flyguy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Distribution

Yes I know this question has been asked several times but I would like to start learning Unix and wasn't sure what distribution was good to start (Free BSD, Unbuntu..etc). My boss asked today did I know anything about Linux cause he was updating the skill set database for all the employees. He... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mocheeze
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Linux distribution should I use?

Hey I am right now working on an old Compaq computer, and because I have a newer one I thought of installing Linux on this one. The thing is that I don't know which Linux distribution that would work with a minimum of lag. My computer specifications is: Compaq Presario 7000 Intel Pentium... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
7 Replies

4. Programming

Linux Distribution

Hi, Can anyone please tell me, what is the best Linux distribution for Software Development. Thanks, Philip. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phi01
4 Replies
brands(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 brands(5)

NAME
brands - alternate operating environments for non-global zones DESCRIPTION
The branded zone (BrandZ) framework extends the Solaris Zones infrastructure described in zones(5) to include the creation of brands, which provide non-global zones that contain non-native operating environments. The term "brand" can refer to a wide range of operating environments. All brand management is performed as extensions to the current zones structure. Every zone is configured with an associated brand. The brand type is used to determine which scripts are executed when a zone is installed and booted. In addition, a zone's brand is used to properly identify the correct application type at application launch time. The default is the native brand. A branded zone will support exactly one brand of non-native binary, which means that a branded zone provides a single operating environ- ment. Once a zone has been assigned a brand, that brand cannot be changed or removed. BrandZ extends the zones tools in the following ways: o A brand is an attribute of a zone, set at zone create time. o The zonecfg tool (see zonecfg(1M)) is used to set a zone's brand type and configure the zone. o The zoneadm tool (see zoneadm(1M)) is used to report a zone's brand type and administer the zone. Device Support The devices supported by each zone are documented in the man pages and other documentation for that brand. The zones infrastructure detects any attempt to add an unsupported device and issues a warning to the administrator. If the administrator chooses to add an unsupported device despite that warning, that device might or might not work as expected. The configuration will be untested and unsupported. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), in.rlogind(1M), sshd(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), kill(2), priocntl(2), getzoneid(3C), ucred_get(3C), getzoneid(3C), proc(4), attributes(5), lx(5), native(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D), crgetzoneid(9F) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 brands(5)