Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Asking on how to save the display log Post 39011 by blueberry80 on Sunday 3rd of August 2003 08:47:03 AM
Old 08-03-2003
CPU & Memory Asking on how to save the display log

Hi,
like to ask if we try to execute s .sh script and in the script there are sql script and when we run the .sh script only the screen will display out whether it is successful ,those that i did not append to a file will be shown on screen instead of the file. How do i save what ever it display on the screen to a log file ??
Is there any syntax in unix to do it?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines of the file on a log

Hi, I am using the Korn shell script to display lines of the file. For example below: outputfile=test.dat -- display each line of the test.dat file abcd 345 adek 45566 dve3 34565 so on... I appreciate your time to find a command for displaying lines of the file on the log. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbryant
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save every line in log file with matched string

i have been doing this script to match every line in a current log file (access_log) with strings that i list from a path (consist of 100 of user's name ex: meggae ).. and then make a directory of every string from the text file (/path/meggae/) --->if it matched.. then print every line from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meggae
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut lines from log file and save it another file

Dears, i want cut the lines from a log file. Example of the log file as follows.. May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMDeliverContrUtil isDeliverSM FINE: May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMUtil addSysUpMsgLog INFO: . The message content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonypalokkaran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save log data in excel sheet

Hello, I have the following data format in a log file : a : x1 b : x2 c : x3 d : x4 -------- a : x5 b : x6 c : x7 d : x8 so the same fields ( a ,b ,c,d) repeated many times in the same log file but with different "x" values (x5,x6,x7,x8). I need a script to save this data in an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error

ENVIROMENT Linux: RHEL 6.4 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs Log Format: user.log.03-15-2015 I have log4j log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I need a script that will run daily that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_job_admin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 way to save a log file, what is the difference?

Hello good day I would like to know what is the difference between these two commands please both warrant the output in the file echo " ORACLE_SID : $ORACLE_SID" | tee -a $logfile echo " ORACLE_SID : $ORACLE_SID" > $logfile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) BUGS
It's a csh script. Csh scripts are not portable to System V. Scripts in general are not portable to non-Unix environments. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)