Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hi all
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hi all Post 3901 by reddyb on Friday 13th of July 2001 09:12:30 AM
Old 07-13-2001
Hi,
Will the $? be equal to 0 even for the command(Process) submitted in background with '&' ?
If you submit in bg the prompt wll be back with the status 0 as the latest command(submitting in BG) is success!
Is there any way that I can get the exit status of the process running in bg??

I hope this explains my problem!

thanks
REddyb

WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)						 1					       WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)

win32_set_service_status - Update the service status

SYNOPSIS
bool win32_set_service_status (int $status, [int $checkpoint]) DESCRIPTION
Informs the SCM of the current status of a running service. This call is only valid for a running service process. PARAMETERS
o $status - The service status code, one of WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING, WIN32_SERVICE_STOPPED, WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SER- VICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSED. o $checkpoint - The checkpoint value the service increments periodically to report its progress during a lengthy start, stop, pause, or continue operation. For example, the service should increment this value as it completes each step of its initialization when it is start- ing up. The $checkpoint is only valid when the $status is one of WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING or WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. SEE ALSO
win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3), Win32Service Service Status Constants. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)