Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: does it exist in linux?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers does it exist in linux? Post 39009 by TioTony on Sunday 3rd of August 2003 01:37:41 AM
Old 08-03-2003
Yes, it is called Kickstart. I have been using this where I work but am only in the test phases right now. If you use Kickstart in combination with PXE booting, you essentially have Jumpstart. I have even seen docs that say Kickstart was based off of Jumpstart. Be ready for some work setting it up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su: user x does not exist

somehow my user names and groups on one of our machines are changed to numbers 700, 701, etc. thus, i can only ssh into this machine as root. is there a way to migrate the user names and groups to this machine? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the directory exist

I have the below script to check whether directory is exist or not , now I sure the directory /abc NOT exist , but when run the script , it still pop the result is "the directory exist" , could suggest what is wrong ? thx ll -d /abc > /dev/null 2>&1 if then echo "the directory exist !!" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist test

Can someone please shed light on why this may not be working, file does exist, but I get an error if ] then echo "No ${source_path}/${file_mask} found - ">> ${logfile} result=1 check_result ${result} "Failed to find file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokermad
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possibility of logging into linux machine when the user does not exist locally

Hi, I am trying authenticate ssh users login using third party server (radius) instead of local system authentication. I have modified my /etc/pam.d/sshd with required server auth configuration and able to authenticate user using radius server and the user is able to ssh into this linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhandapanik
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if pid exist ?

Hi I need help to whit a script that start a program if a nother program is started first . I thought something like this . if then start program 2 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelle
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does ${%name} exist in csh?

I have this code in tcsh and would like to know whether the syntax below will work in csh. if( "${%rsl}" == 0 ) then echo "rsl is empty" endif ---------- Post updated at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:53 AM ---------- It does not seem so. Perhaps the best thing is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Backfile if backup does not exist

I am trying to work on a script that will first check to see if a backup of a file exists, and if it does it will prompt the user to ask if he/she wants it replace. Of course, if the user says no then the file should be skipped. Here is the code I have written. Does it look as if it is working... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xshellscriptx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why does a fakechroot exist?

I am really confused as to why a tool like fakechroot exists and what does it do. Chroot is an ability only for root users, correct? Then a tool that allows to bypass that is clearly a security flaw, correct? When and why would you need something like this? Is there any relation between... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux sftp — how to add new user to access exist directory with write permission?

I have built a website and I can access and edit the website'files on server via the root user. The current file and directory structures are not changeable. Now I am hiring a webpage designer to help me re-design some pages, I am going to let the designer edit the files directly on the server. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwo-g-xw
5 Replies
MOUNTPOINT(1)							   User Commands						     MOUNTPOINT(1)

NAME
mountpoint - see if a directory is a mountpoint SYNOPSIS
mountpoint [-q] [-d] directory mountpoint -x device DESCRIPTION
mountpoint checks if the directory is mentioned in the /proc/self/mountinfo file. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print help and exit. -q, --quiet Be quiet - don't print anything. -d, --fs-devno Print major/minor device number of the filesystem on stdout. -x, --devno Print major/minor device number of the blockdevice on stdout. EXIT STATUS
Zero if the directory is a mountpoint, non-zero if not. AUTHOR
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> ENVIRONMENT
LIBMOUNT_DEBUG=0xffff enables debug output. NOTES
The util-linux mountpoint implementation was written from scratch for libmount. The original version for sysvinit suite was written by Miquel van Smoorenburg. SEE ALSO
mount(8) AVAILABILITY
The mountpoint command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2011 MOUNTPOINT(1)