Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hide code in shell script???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hide code in shell script??? Post 38950 by Perderabo on Thursday 31st of July 2003 12:04:23 PM
Old 07-31-2003
This is very odd. Yes, my uname -r is B.11.00.

What is the first line of your script? I have:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

Could you post the results of a
ls -ln script
or whatever you called your script. And a
Code:
id -u

The numeric uids control access. If your current uid as displayed by "id -u" is not zero or equal to numeric uid that owns the script you should not be able to run it.

Unless the interpreter itself is suid to either root or the owner of the script. My ksh is 555.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-11-2010 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: added code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide user inputted text for interactive unix shell script?

Hi everybody, Do you know how to hide the text for interactive unix shell script? Just like the case for inputting password during logon. Patrick (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrickpang
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide a script ?

Hi all, i have a perl script for my users to run. My sys admin created an account for the users to log in and execute the script. They just type "perl myscript.pl" at the unix prompt to run it. Is there any way that i can hide my script? ,ie, do not allow my users to view the script. either... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Hide the Password in a Script

Hi, I am writing a UNIX .ksh script and need to send the login password of the login id that is executing the script to a command that I am executing in the script. I don't want that password to be seen by anyone except whoever is executing the script. Does anyone know how I can accomplish... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samd
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide my shell commands

I am writing a tool that connects using SSH to a remote server and perform some actions (through root) However - I would like to hide my operations so they will be hard to track. I tried STRACE on the SSHD process and saw all the traffic going there so I am quite transparent to STRACE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide bash code which is inside C plus plus program

I am embedding bash in cpp. Can the bash code be hidden (when we cat the executable to not be able to see the bash code) The simple code I am using: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; #define test1 "\ #!/bin/sh --posix \n\ echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide password in shell script?

I am writing a shell script for sql loader (just copy part of the code) : For security reason, I have to put the below loginName and password into another separate file instead of in the same file of this script. Anyone can give me a hand. Thanks. Shell Script :... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaewong
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)