Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp options Post 3876 by yellowfish on Thursday 12th of July 2001 07:26:00 PM
Old 07-12-2001
if you do have an alias set up for cp (i.e. alias cp "cp -i" )
and do not want to chage the alias

try put "\" before cp
i.e
$ \cp FileName newFileName
this will skip all interactive questions.
Hope this help
Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

options

I am just beginning to learn unix and I was wondering if there was a list of all the options somewhere on the net or hidden in the man pages? Also do options always have - and then a letter, or can it be - and a number as well? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terms5
1 Replies

2. AIX

no options

Hi All, I have a situation here that's very fun... I have a system with AIX and iPlanet (sunOne) installed, when occurs an unknown event on the network the WebServer shows a thousand of CLOSE_WAIT connections and this number grows and grows until the webserver crashs. I read some documents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nascimento.rp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uniq options

Hi I am currently using uniq -u and uniq -d option in my program to get uniq and duplicate lines from file. What i doing is uniq -c file1>file_u uniq -d file1>file_d cat file_u file_d > file_fiinal Since i am procesing a larger files the I/O operations is costly affair. Hence I would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep options

Hi Team, I have a list of 12000 files and i am need to search for the names of the file which has long version numbers (say more than 5 decimals).. With the below instance u~15.1.4.1.2.1.5.1.5.1.24.1.24.1.5 lk-l~22.1.3.1.9.1.7.1.24.1.23 YDFVALLN.CPY~1 YEUPCASE.CPY~1 YFPRSTID.CPY~1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping options in HP-UX

Hi All, Wanted to know is there any option in HP-UX like "ping -c" in AIX. As I am using ping in a script and on the basis of its return value will perform some actions. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Socket options

Hi everyone, Question for gurus: Is there a way for us to determine the options used by a socket? I basically want to know if SO_KEEPALIVE is enabled on a socket to know if the tcp_keepalive_abort_interval parameter will be used by that connection. Was I clear enough? :confused: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies
aliasadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      aliasadm(1M)

NAME
aliasadm - manipulate the NIS+ aliases map SYNOPSIS
aliasadm -a alias expansion [options comments] optional flags aliasadm -c alias expansion [ options comments] [ optional flags] aliasadm -d alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -e alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -l alias [ optional flags] aliasadm -m alias [ optional flags] aliasadm [-I] [-D domainname] [-f filename] [-M mapname] DESCRIPTION
aliasadm makes changes to the alias map. The alias map is an NIS+ table object with four columns: alias The name of the alias as a null terminated string. expansion The value of the alias as it would appear in a sendmail /etc/aliases file. options A list of options applicable to this alias. The only option currently supported is CANON. With this option, if the user has requested an inverse alias lookup, and there is more than one alias with this expansion, this alias is given prefer- ence. comments An arbitrary string containing comments about this alias. The sendmail(1M) command reads this map in addition to the NIS aliases map and the local /etc/aliases database. OPTIONS
-a Add an alias. -c Change an alias. -d Delete an alias. -e Edit the alias map. -I Initialize the NIS+ aliases database. -l List the alias map. -m Print or match an alias. -D domainname Edit the map in domain domainname instead of the current domain. -f filename When editing or listing the database, use filename instead of invoking the editor. -M mapname Edit mapname instead of mail_aliases. FILES
/etc/aliases mail aliases for the local host in ASCII format ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 aliasadm(1M)