Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Asking on concatenate variable Post 38756 by blueberry80 on Thursday 24th of July 2003 10:55:13 PM
Old 07-24-2003
Question Asking on comparison

Hi , like to ask based on the script below how do i compare the 2 files whether it exists in the folder??? Even if the 2 files exist, i still get the error.

if [ ! -s ${REPORT1} ] || [ ! -s ${REPORT2} ] ;
then
echo "$(date) \t Report file not found. ERROR"
echo "$(date) \t Error encountered, aborting script ..."
exit
fi
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate a string and a variable

I need a way to build variable in this manner: variable_$i Inside a for loop i need to create it. where i goes from 1 to 30.. and then i need to print them on screen with echo $variable_$i which is the best way to do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedivia
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string to a variable

Hello All, How to concatenate a string to a variable in a script I'm having a file which is consisting of data and i need to extract the first line of the file and append it to a string. /tmp/samp.list containg 60000 I like to concatenate it with a string (SS_) grep -w SS_$(head -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable concatenate

Hello, It might be stupid question But I will ask it any way:) var1="1 2 3 4" var2="5 6 7 8" var3=$var1\ $var2 var4="$var1\n$var2" echo "$var1" echo "$var2" echo "$var3" echo "$var4" The result of executing this code is as follow 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4\n5 6... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create concatenate the shell variable with file content

Hi Guys, I have a file. Each record needs to inserted into a table. The table also have other columns which needs to be inserted with Shell variables. The following is the file. Error code None. Error Code 1 The shell script is having these variables. Name=Magesh Dep=Coding ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file, extract two another strings and concatenate to a variable

I have a file with <suit:run date="Trump Tue 06/19/2012 11:41 AM EDT" machine="garg-ln" build="19921" level="beta" release="6.1.5" os="Linux"> Need to find word "build" then extract build number, which is 19921 also release number, which is 6.1.5 then concatenate them to one variable as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garg
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate files

Hi I am trying to learn linux step by step an i am wondering can i use cat command for concatenate files but i want to place context of file1 to a specific position in file2 place of file 2 and not at the end as it dose on default? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iliya24
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate Path name to a variable??

I have the path name in a Variable Ex: $XML_PATH_FLAG = /ebs/appl/u00/universe01/inbound/universeorders Now I have to pick up ALL XML files in this directory . In other words I have to pick up ALL the files /ebs/appl/u00/universe01/inbound/universeorders/F1.xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two variables and form the third variable

Hi Guys, I was scratching my head for this for half a day... finally not successful :confused: Following is the problem I have a variable $ var1=123 $ var2-234 $ var3=345 and another Variable $ i=1 Now i wanted to save these into a Variable as shown below for i in 1 2 3 do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - concatenate string - strange variable scoping

Hello, I am trying to concatenate a string in a bash script like this: runCmd="docker run -e \"IMAGE_NAME=$IMAGE_NAME\" " env | grep "$ENV_SUFFIX" | while read line; do envCmd="-e \"${line}\" " runCmd=$runCmd$envCmd echo $runCmd # here concatenation works fine done echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czabak
3 Replies
DATETIME.SETTIME(3)							 1						       DATETIME.SETTIME(3)

DateTime::setTime - Sets the time

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setTime (int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_time_set (DateTime $object, int $hour, int $minute, [int $second]) Resets the current time of the DateTime object to a different time. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $hour - Hour of the time. o $minute - Minute of the time. o $second - Second of the time. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setTime(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2001-01-01'); date_time_set($date, 14, 55); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; date_time_set($date, 14, 55, 24); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above examples will output something similar to: 2001-01-01 14:55:00 2001-01-01 14:55:24 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime('2001-01-01'); $date->setTime(14, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 55, 65); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(14, 65, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date->setTime(25, 55, 24); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-01 14:55:24 2001-01-01 14:56:05 2001-01-01 15:05:24 2001-01-02 01:55:24 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setISODate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETTIME(3)