Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Webcam installation...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Webcam installation... Post 38748 by thehoghunter on Thursday 24th of July 2003 04:47:45 PM
Old 07-24-2003
And you can try these two sites - don't know if they will help or not - the first is for your webcam but I can't tell if it's for Linux! the second will give you info on what camera is supported with Linux (I believe they have the drivers there for download).

M6215 driver download

Linux supported webcams (you might be better off getting a new camera unless you know how to write device drivers)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

webcam on FreeBSD

Hello, guys ! I'm using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE. Can anyone recomend me a good soft that I can use for video conferences ? I mean, something like Yahoo! Messenger on Windows. I want to make a video conference with a friend of mine, but I use FreeBSD and my friend is using Windows. So, any sugestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Webcam on xfce?

Hey guys. I'm about as new to Linux as you can get, so bear with me please. I installed Xubuntu on my old laptop to tinker with.. figured it would be a good use of an old machine. One thing I'd like to set up is some security with a webcam. Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 to be exact. I went about... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chesh
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Webcam stuck in OSX

Hi I have a strange problem. I opened a dmg that supposedly contained the drivers for a webcam (Genius Look 316), i dragged the file to apps and ran it. My camera turned on and the program ran fine. Then I closed the program completely and deleted the application and my webcam wont turn off. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twerdster
0 Replies

5. Debian

Webcam software?

Does anyone know if there is a webcam software (like webcamXP), but for Linux (Debian)? I need to have a program (with GUI), where I can add and manage multiple USB cameras, and be able to upload images via FTP. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guldstrand
0 Replies

6. Linux

udev rule + script for setting webcam's mic as audio input

Hello, whenever I plugin my webcam, I want to use its microphone instead of the one integrated in my laptop. I therefore created a udev rule: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="046d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0807", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/webcammic"This rule works, I've tested it with a testscript (the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MojoDodo
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Webcam and Skype not working properly

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Ubuntu 15.10. (I originally went with a later version but I was encountering lots of bugs. This version seems to be more stable for my system). Things are mostly working okay, but not my webcam. If I go to a website to test it, it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
0 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PERLIVP(1)