Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying all files of type "pdf" Post 3858 by milage on Thursday 12th of July 2001 11:53:40 AM
Old 07-12-2001
Recursive

Well that search through the subdirectories of the source directory or would I have to put another option in?

Rob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple files with "If Then Else" logic

I need some suggestions on how to write the code to copy multiple files rather than duplicating the code multiple times. Example: I have four files that need to go throught this logic in the same way. Do I have to duplicate this chunk of code four times or can I built the logic in the same set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Shortcut (to just type "l" but it runs "ls -lah")

How do I create shortcuts? For example: I just want to type one key "l" and have it output the command of "ls -lah" I believe it's creating a file called l with 755 permissions but I'm not sure where to put the file. *if it matters, I'm on a shared hosting web server using cPanel with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to gzip files "on fly" before copying

Hello, I want to gzip some files before copying to remote host. There is no freespace on source host so it needs to be perfomed within one-liner. I tried the following but it didn't work gzip -c -9 all_rvds.xml |ssh targethost "dd of=/tmp/all_rvds.xml.gz" cat all_rvds.xml |gzip -c9 |ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ACINCLUDE(1)								GPL							      ACINCLUDE(1)

NAME
acinclude - manual page for ac-archive 0.5.39 SYNOPSIS
acinclude [OPTIONS] ... DESCRIPTION
Generate `acinclude.m4' by scanning `configure.ac' or `configure.in' --acdir=DIR directory holding subdirectories with config files --help print this help, then exit -I DIR add directory to superdir search list for .m4 files . add current directory as superdir to searchlist which is the default if no -I option was given. --output=FILE put output in FILE (default acinclude.m4) --print-ac-dir print name of directory with subdirs holding m4 files --verbose don't be silent --version print version number, then exit Note that unlike aclocal the subdirectories (!!) of the acdir-path are searched for files - the default will find locals as ./*/*.m4 and always search for ac-macros installed as share/aclocal/*/*.m4 which may include the macros from ac-archive or from packages that chose to install multiple files into a subdirectory of share/aclocal. The tool will warn at unresolved symbols starting with AX_ just as the original aclocal program did warn at unresolved macros with AC_. AUTHOR
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> modified for acinclude by Guido Draheim <guidod@gmx.de> (C) 2001 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs with original aclocal to <bug-automake@gnu.org>. Report problems with acinclude to <ac-archive-list@sourceforge.net>. Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for the ac-macros handled with acinclude is maintained as m4 source and converted to html pages which get installed in doc/ac-archive subdirectories in the filesystem at your site. Have a look. ac-archive 0.5.39 January 2003 ACINCLUDE(1)