Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mac OS X Script Continuation Character? Post 38579 by cassj on Monday 21st of July 2003 08:27:59 AM
Old 07-21-2003
Thanks davidg fro such a quick answer. I'll try what you've suggested.
Wow! The service here is great! :-)
-Cassj

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with error output but continuation in script?

I have written a basic fetching script. The script logs into an FTP site, downloads a .zip file, then unzips and moves the files to the necessary folders, then deletes them, etc. The problem I have is if one of the files no longer exists on the FTP site or another part of the script fails, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daem0n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: convert mac address to 16 character format

Hi there Im not quite sure how i can do this, but i am retrieving the mac address from boxes, which in some instances is arriving in its shortened format (i.e. dropping the leading zeros)... for example 0:3:BA:1:E:84 Im trying to figure out a way of converting the single character... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuation lines to be glued back to original line

I am parsing a log with this format: 06:36:12.230 details here 06:36:12.250 details here 06:36:12.260 details here continuation here 06:36:12.360 details here As you can see, some detail info contains one or more "\n" and it breaks my line-oriented parsing. I need to get those... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Echo continuation across many lines

I am writing a bash script that automatically generates a macro program. I want to have an echo on multiple lines and getting an error /home/chaos/instru-correct.sh: line 309: command line is: command not found I am using echo "# The general synopsis of the $mfl" \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
REMQUO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 REMQUO(3)

NAME
remquo -- floating-point remainder and quotient function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double remquo(double x, double y, int *quo); long double remquol(long double x, long double y, int *quo); float remquof(float x, float y, int *quo); DESCRIPTION
The remquo() functions compute the value r such that r = x - n*y, where n is the integer nearest the exact value of x/y. If there are two integers closest to x/y, n shall be the even one. If r is zero, it is given the same sign as x. This is the same value that is returned by the remainder() function. remquo() also calculates the lower seven bits of the integral quotient x/y, and gives that value the same sign as x/y. It stores this signed value in the object pointed to by quo. SPECIAL VALUES
remquo(x, y, quo) returns a NaN and raises the "invalid" floating-point exception if x is infinite or y is 0. VECTOR OPERATIONS
If you need to apply the remquo() function to SIMD vectors or arrays, using the following functions provided by the Accelerate.framework may give significantly better performance: #include <Accelerate/Accelerate.h> vFloat vremquo(vFloat x, vFloat y, vUInt32 *q); SEE ALSO
math(3), remainder(3) STANDARDS
The remquo() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:2011. BSD
December 11, 2006 BSD